HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
Debra

Osteoporosis Drugs: Difference between anyone?

Does anyone have any hard facts comparing the osteoporosis drugs? Such as Boniva verses Evista verses Actonel verses whatever else is out there? My doctor just prescribed Boniva as it is monthly so more convenient but I am one of those that wants to know why this one and not the other etc. Yes I have done the internet searches but all the info is the same, therefore wondering if anyone has heard if one may be more superior then the other or has other "hidden" pluses or benefits other then it's intended.

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
sarah

Hello,
don't know the answer but would like to. Here in France I'm given Clastoban, a pill I take twice a day outside of food so I should take it around 10AM and 4 or 5 PM but invariably I forget to take one of them so I'd love something that I could take less frequently but still protect my bones.
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote