HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #9
Debra

Re: The weakly er+ group

Hi Dianne -

The aromasin is an AI. I am not sure how chemically different it is but it is an AI. I struggled with arimidex-----severe joint pain which is why I switched.
I have DEXA (bone density) studies every six months. I am osteopenic but I was before the AI's. Chemo and menapause at the age of 40 played a hand in that! I have been on Boniva for over a year and my last DEXA showed quite a bit of improvement in my bone density.
I wish I had good advice regarding the AI's as far as whether or not you should try it again. Everyone is so different with those drugs as I am finding out. I can't believe the difference I felt after switching from arimidex to aromasin.
Those of us that are weekly est. + really dangle in the middle. My oncologist in Minneapolis stated "positive is positive" so he recommended the tamoxifen (before my hyst). I really would like to know where the break-off is for being weekly +.
I am thinking that you are thinking-----that you should try it again. Does your oncologist feel pretty strong about an AI?

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote