HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-11-2005, 10:10 AM   #1
*_anne_*

Hi everyone,

I was just reading Newsweek and their article regarding two things that might benefit Her2 BC patients:
1. 3 cups of green tea daily may help control the aggressiveness of the Her2 gene.

2. Turmeric is a natural cox-2 inhibitor that also controls her2 positive bc.

I hope this is not redundant, but I was excited to see two natural compounds to combat the Her2 gene.

Anne
Old 01-11-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
Rozebud

What is Turmeric?
Rozebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:12 PM   #3
pauline

Thanks Anne I'll look out for that Newsweek article. What issue was it in?

Rozebud-turmeric is a spice that's used in curries and to add to rice. You normally get it ground up as a powder in jars but last week for the first time I saw it fresh. I add a little to my vegetable juice every day. My acupuncturist put me on to it quite a while ago, but I used too much the first time (a teaspoon) and ended up with an upset stomach! Now I use about a quarter of that or maybe even less as the powder is quite concentrated. tastes good too.

I've also been drinking green tea daily for a while now. And a lot of my colleagues at work have picked up on it too. It tastes good and I've seen several articles that give it the thumbs up healthwise. If you can get organic fresh tea leaves even better.

Happy days
Pauline
Old 01-12-2005, 08:57 AM   #4
*_anne_*

Hi Pauline,

I am glad you are drinking the green tea. The article was in the latest Newsweek entitled
" Food and Medecine" or something like that. I remember a DNA double helix with corn and vegetables on it. I read it in my. docs. office.

Rosebud: Turmeric is an Indian spice. It's a yellowish powder and is availible in the health food store as Organic Turmeric. I think it is also in Zyflamend the natural Cox2 inhibitor. It is quite easy to find.
Anne