HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2003, 10:13 AM   #1
Sue

Has anyone had problems with itching as a side effect from either Herceptin or Taxol? My entire body itches so much, I'm about out of my mind. I've been trying benedryl, lotions, mild soaps, etc. to no avail. Any suggestions on what may help? I'm afraid if I call the Onc, he may take me off the Herceptin, which I really am not yet ready to give up!! Thanks!
Sue
Old 12-17-2003, 09:41 PM   #2
eleanor

you may be having an allergic reaction to taxol and this is not good. how long does it last? is it just after infusion or is it all the time?
el
Old 12-17-2003, 11:48 PM   #3
JaneP

As Linda said, drink lots of water! Do you have liver mets? Early on when I took this combo I had bad itching and it was from liver function - which improved witth the treatment. Even earlier I had a BAD itching reaction to Zofran which they were giving me for nausea.

Good luck. Jane
Old 12-18-2003, 01:39 AM   #4
Nancy

I also had itching form Herceptin. It was there for a while even after I stopped. Not so bad that I was worried but it was there every day.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:13 AM   #5
Linda in Calif

Hi Sue: I did not have any itching with either Herceptin or Taxol. I mostly had joint pain. How long have you been taking this combination? Perhaps your body will get used to it. Have you tried drinking lots of water to flush your body? Let me know how things go. Take Care, Linda
Old 12-19-2003, 01:11 PM   #6
Sue

Thanks for your responses. I did end up calling my oncologist to report the itching, they were pretty much at a loss as to what could be causing it. My last Taxol was on Dec. 8, and the itching started about Dec. 16th or so (can't remember exactly what day). I have no rash. They told me to keep doing what I'm doing and call them back if I develop a rash or fever. So, for now I guess I'm just stuck itching, itching, itching. I see the Onc again on Dec. 23rd--but I sure hope this itching is before then! Again, thanks for your input. Sue