HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2003, 11:04 PM   #1
Elaine, UK

Dear Jessica

I'm sooo pleased for you that you are still NED. Congrats and I bet your hair looks great :>) Its a lovely feeling to have it grow back. I was praying to God for some time for some guidance as I thought I was going to end on Taxol and lose all my hair again. I think he's answered my prayers.

Yes, Broffman prescribed me IP6 also but only 2 x 3 capsules daily. When I embarked on his regime I noticed that my dermal mets were hardening up after about day 11 after chemo, suggesting that the chemo had had an effect, but that all I was doing was only temporary. By the time I got back to the hospital 3 weeks later for the next chemo, the liver function blood tests confirmed my worst fears and AST and ALT tests had gone way above the norm again.

I went back to review what Broffman was giving me and noted for one that colostrum was prescribed. Colostrum is a growth factor and is given to babies to enhance growth. Whilst Broffman had data to prove some kind of positive effect, I was literally seeing something else happen in my own body. Plus there were other supplements he was prescribing and I don't know enough about them to comment. Needless to say I wasn't happy with my prognosis and I went back to Gerson which has always served me well.

On the Gerson front, whilst it hasn't gotten rid of it (and I think this is due to a lack of enzymes) at least with 48 tumours in the liver, I was NEVER jaundiced. My onc. couldn't believe it and I am certain it was due to the coffee enemas allowing me to consistently detox the toxins from my liver through the portal system.

On another note, I have just received my tumour marker test results yesterday and in just 23 days my CEA has dropped 50.49% and my CA125 marker has dropped 40.10% :>) BIG smiles.

Lets hope we carry on doing well and hope that all this info. can help others.

Take care
Elaine