HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2003, 03:10 AM   #1
Elaine, UK

Hi all again

STAT looks like the best priced place to get the pancreatin enzymes. They use them at the Gerson clinic so I felt happy to use these. Gail - since you're in the UK - you can also buy such supplements from Stephen Richards at the Gerson Supplies - tel: 01525 875 739. He usually delivers the next day.
However, he's more expensive for the IP6, hence I get them from vitaminshoppe.com

DOSAGE OF ENZYMES:

I'm a little concerned about this at the moment. I haven't gotten to the bottom of this and I'm hoping that Jan de Vries will be able to help me when I have a consultation tomorrow.

I did go to the Gerson clinic in Mexico - the Baja Nutricare clinic and it is excellent. I also know and write to Charlotte Gerson. At 83 years of age, and of course still following her father's therapy (even though she's not ill) she still drives across the border every week from California to give lectures at the Gerson clinic - and also still flies around the world enlightening other countries on this therapy. She's just come back from Europe. Lovely lady and speaks a lot of sense :>)

Anyhow, my Gerson doctor, Dr Bravo, prescribed 3x325mg pancreatin enzymes per meal plus 3x325mg at 5pm. They advise you to have them just after food. However, I'm not sure that this is the best way. My cancer was just about held but didn't regress and continued to grow SLOWLY.

I have subsequently found out that pancreatic enzymes, made normally in the pancreas are supposed to break down food proteins and also break down protein cancer cells (although conventional doctors would argue the latter point and thus do not recognise this form of treatment). Thus I feel that by taking the pancreatic enzymes at dinner, it was breaking down my food and only any left was dealing with the cancer, and in my case the dosage wasn't enough.

I then read about Dr Kelley's work and that of Dr Gonzalez in NY - links I have already given on this site. Gonzalez is currently doing trials with pancreatic cancer patients (incidently pancreatic cancer patients have NEVER been cured from chemotherapy) with Sloan Kettering -
see: http://www.cancer.gov/clinical_trials/doc....9EAA5A

I
wrote to him to see if he would help me. I didn't have a very favourable response as I think he felt my tumour markers were too high. This is all a bit premature perhaps but since some of you have mentioned increasing your pancreatic enzyme dosage, I wanted to WARN you of the following:

Just the other day I read a book called "Grace and Grit", written by Ken Wilber. Excellent book and very powerful. It affected me deeply actually.
The thrust of the book is about his wife who had breast cancer that spread. She had a series of conventional treatments which were unsuccessful. By the time she got to Gonzalez, she had 3 brain mets, one was 3cm.

I have read many times of cases and such doctors will confirm that when the healing action takes place, there is inflamation as the body tries to heal the site concerned. In this woman's case, the high dose of pancreatic enzymes was working but it inflamed her brain so much she had to have surgery as it was affecting her functionality. When they did a biopsy on her extracted tumour, it was 90% dead proving that the Gonzalez therapy was working. She survived the op and continued her therapy. However she had the remaining 2 brains and I believe the brain inflamation was too much and she sadly died.

This shocked are scared me. However, there is a potential answer here? By the time I'd read this book just last Friday night, I was already on about day 12 of IP6. Trial data by that Japanese professor (again link I've already given) showed that IP6 SHRINKS tumours and this certainly seems to be happening with me. I'm watching my dermal mets daily :>) I don't know if I have it in my brain. I know it was / is in my neck so I hope first that perhaps if one takes IP6, it shrinks tumours and perhaps when they are significantly shrunk, THEN high doses of pancreatic enzymes can be applied.

The above is my THEORY at the moment. I would recommend to anyone to talk with a doctor before taking large doses of pancreatic enzymes. Please be aware of the info. above re the book. I'm sure you can purchase this book on www.amazon.com if you need confirmation (Chapter 19, page 336).

Best of luck and I hope this has helped.

Will keep you posted about my consultation with Jan de Vries.

Love to you all
Elaine