HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2009, 01:11 AM   #1
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
~My Angel Mother-in-Law Has Earned Her Wings!~

It is with a broken heart I write that my Mother-in-Law has earned her wings with beauty and grace. I was not going to post this on Mother's Day but I deemed it appropriate, what better a way to tribute her? This is dedicated to a woman I view as my very own Angel, one of the toughest warriors I have ever known.

She just made it out of a coma and a seven week ordeal, she made it to the comforts of her home. Although she left the rehab against medical advice, I must admit she was almost ready. I spoke to her the night before chemo and she started with the same old conversations. Mom was happy to see her son so well loved and always said this was her dream, her only child being so complete. She mentioned what a terrific Daughter-in-Law I was and how blessed she was to have me. Although I am uncomfortable with compliments I valued her opinion. For the first time ever she was mad at me though, stemming from the rehab and me not springing her. I cried a little as I asked her if she was still mad at me. Her reply was that she is over it and we have already moved on. We spoke of our love and our blessings.

I was stunned by this news of her passing because she actually looked better than she had in years. On Saturday, May 9, Mom G earned the wings that all her life proved she deserved. As sad as I am I need to just say that she passed in her sleep like all Angels should, she was with her cat, in the woods. Mom passed before her son did and this was something that was really important to her. I am not so sure she could handle his journey from this day forward, rocky roads must be crossed. While we waited for the home to come she was surrounded by the friends and family that flourished on the love she gave. We told stories from the past and it was healing. She had no unfinished business, no admends to make, she was so very tired, so full of pain. I went into her room and told her I loved her and I thanked her for loving me. I spoke in her ears that I would always take care of Eddie and she would never have to worry. I kissed her for the last time. Ed went over Thursday because he thought he would be sick today and left a card to be opened only then. We have opened the card together for her a little while ago. The news has not sunk in for him and he is just going about a bit aimless right now.

I found it so special when I learned of her prayers to us here at Her2, she prayed daily for us all for years. She thanked you when she heard of your prayers for her. This meant alot to her. I know she will join others in Heaven because I know for sure God has plans for her. Thank you back my friends for allowing me to share her with you in numerous other posts. This was a woman I am so thankful to have loved. My heart is broken and time will have to mend it but she no longer hurts, she is free. Happy Mother's Day Joan, you have made me a better person just by knowing you.>>Marie
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote