HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2010, 08:09 AM   #16
grammytotheboys

Re: How can I keep my mother positive?

Thanks for the encouragement..believe me I need all that I can get! The bottom line is that I want to live a nice long life and watch my grandchildren graduate from high school and get married. Since the oldest is only two I have quite a few years to go. I also have rheumatoid arthritis which is pretty stable and has been well controlled so I am not a stranger to medication and/or side effects. But this is so different and the stakes are so much greater I am overwhelmed. I live alone (divorced) and have been unemployed since September '09 which doesn't help things either. What I do have is a group of good friends and my children and a sister who will be there for me.

I appreciate every realistic and positive story I read. Thanks again. Linda
No family history of BC. History of cysts -left breast lump felt @ 1/1 had mammo and ultrasound 1/18, biopsy 1/22, dx IDC, Her2 +, ER and PR 10% each, 1.7 cm poorly differentiated. Lumpectomy 2/9 sentinel nodes clear, 6 biopsied all negative, margins clear. Meeting with oncologist, radiologist, and surgeon on 3/1 for initial consult.
grammytotheboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breast, chemo, herceptin, positive