HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-28-2006, 10:30 PM   #1
Lyn
A Living Legend

Cool Those with Problems with not being able to lift arm?

A while ago another lady on this site was wondering when she was going to be able to use her arm again, after my nightmare few days it amazes me how not looking at the spine and spinal chord with MRI is an after thought and it was only at my insistance that it was done and I was lucky, another act of God that the hospital near me had just installed the best new MRI and 2 doctors do the reporting, we still don't have a functional ER department, it also amazes me that my information sat there as urgent as it was, for that many days, until I picked up the films, then I had to go to my functional hospital where I have my trreatments, how many people are slipping through this life because they don't know they have to be their own advocate, and that is why this board is important, we are only a minority being HER2 and the odds of diagnosis are now 7 in 11 will have it each year, it use to be 1 in 11. It is very frightening. Anyone got any positive results with spinal treatments.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:59 AM   #2
sarah

what did the MRI show on the spine?
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #3
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Hi, I have a tumour against C3 & C4 with a mass around the chord, not big the rads onc says, if you call one the size of a 7ft tall man's little fing not small, not actually in the spine but presssing against it and not compressing it down, so I am starting Gemzar/Txl/Zometa on 14 March 2weekly with herceptin. I don't have any oedema so I can stop the sterhoid. My onc the treasure is very pleased with me and is amazed at how well I do, so hopefully all of the doomb and gloom from last week can while away, and just another pot hole, one day I will get my reconstruction I have been holding on since 98 now.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote