HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-16-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
Jan

Does anyone have a sore mouth from herceptin? It's driving me crazy!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:30 PM   #2
al from canada

Jan,
I hear yogurt helps.
Regards,
Al
Old 02-17-2005, 06:36 AM   #3
Peggy

I was on Herceptin for about 14 months and the only side effect I had was a sniffley nose - constantly! Wish I could help on the sore mouth. I'm sure others will have some advice.

Peggy in Florida
Old 02-17-2005, 06:38 AM   #4
Cindi

Is this a sore mouth or mouth sores? For mouth sores I rinsed my mouth daily with 1 tsp. of baking soda and 2/3 cup water. If you have a "sore mouth" you might have oral thrush. I developed that when I began taking Navelbine/herceptin. I think it was due to the Navelbine though. The doctors tried giving me the Nystatin as a rinse 4 times a day...it didn't make a bit of difference. After the oral thrush moved down my esophagus, they prescribed Diflucan and finally that was the drug that did it. I felt improvement in 1 day!

Hope any of this helps.

Cindi.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:23 PM   #5
*_Barbara_*

Jan:

I did not have a sore mouth but I did get a sore in my nose. I have had it twice and it goes away when I put the over the counter triple antibiotic cream in my nose for a few days. I also have mucus in my lungs and sinuses that I think are from Herceptin.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:45 PM   #6
catlin

mouth sores

I managed to avoid mouth sores with ice water during AC, taxol etc but have been having a little trouble since on Herceptin only. Also have a runny nose constantly and when it gets too bad I will take a benadryl at night. Had terrible times with sleep during the chemo with steroids and tried all sleeping pills. Got my RX plan to approve a double dose of Sonata and it has been like a miracle with no morning effects as I have worked full time through chemo. I am resrving judgment on whether my few mild mouth sores are from herceptin only. Did not see it listed as a side effect. Will post back if it continues. I wonder if ice water during infusion would hellp with this too? Catlin
catlin is offline   Reply With Quote