HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-28-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
RhondaH

I think now is a good time to remove myself from the board...

at least for a while. I'm taking the opportunity of the beginning of Lent tomorrow (being the good Catholic girl that I am) to "put cancer and this board in the back of my mind". Since being diagnosed w/ Stage 1, no nodes, ER/PR-, Her2+ (3.16 by FISH) on 2/1/05, this board has been BEYOND what I had looked for in a support group and I have gained MANY new and true friends and TONS of support and knowledge, but it's been over a year, I need to concentrate on the house/move (which will be 2 weeks after Easter) AND tempers are starting to flare and before anything is said that will be regretted...my mother always told me to walk away from a fight (it's not any ONE person, but EVERYONE seems a little on edge...some with GREAT reason) and if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Tony (my 5yo) just shared his strep throat (he shares so well with me and I ache from the top of my head to the tips of my toes (yes Gina...I called and got a Zpack WITH Dasani, though feel TOO miserable today to walk) and when I don't feel good, I get ornery as I'm sure you ALSO do when you don't feel well or are having a bad day. I'm sure I'll be back after Easter (though will probably lurk a little to "test the waters" before diving right in). My thoughts and prayers are with you all (especially Al & Linda; Lisa; Stephanie; Esther and others fighting recurrence and ALL of you newly diagnosed...yes, you CAN survive this and there are people here to prove it, though the battle is over, the war may not have been won and CONTINUE fighting. Also, to my Denver "hot mama's"...stilettos and bikinis huh, please email me and let me know how the conference etc went Gina, Lani, RobinP, RB, you have been a WEALTH of information and knowledge, I know some of you are considering leaving, but please don't others NEED you and to everyone else, I love you all, please feel free to email me at hoffman_brown@msn.com and I hope to see you soon. To Joe and Christine, THANK YOU for the WONDERFUL board you have given us. Take care and God Bless.

Love,

Rhonda Hoffman

Last edited by RhondaH; 02-28-2006 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: addition
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
Karen t

Thumbs down

Rhonda, take care.
Karen t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
al from Canada

Rhonda,

The tides ebb and wane as do our contributions to this board. I truly believe that sabbaticals and mental health days are critical to recharging our batteries. We can't live and breath breast cancer 24 / 7!!

Thank you for your prayers and contributions and look forward to "talking" to you again.

As always,
Al
Old 02-28-2006, 06:19 PM   #4
StephN

Wink

Kind of like a "chemo break" huh?

Sometimes we need to look around at all the things that are going undone and make sure we do not slip into a funk over this disease. And children do not wait for the attention they need. Tend to both of your sore throats.

Get comfortably resettled. New info will come pouring out of ASCO, and you have a good footing to go on contending with our particular "brand" of breast cancer.

Thanks so much for keeping me in your prayers and thoughts when I have been once again knocked back by this cancer. Now - if my head could stop throbbing and feeling like it is in a vise ...

See you in springtime.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #5
Lisa

Rhonda,

We'll miss you and I understand needing to "get away" for awhile. Best of luck on your move. And get us a holler now and then.

Love and light,

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #6
jsattaw

Rhonda -- Hope you and your son are feeling better soon and good luck with the move. I've so appreciated all of your information and posts -- especially on nutrition.

I hope you get your batteries re-charged and stay confident in your own system to fight the battle. We'll miss your daily presence.

Jill
Old 03-01-2006, 10:20 AM   #7
Lolly

Rhonda, thank you for your many supportive posts and informative articles. Take good care, and hope to "see" you back here some day!

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:49 AM   #8
TriciaK

Rhonda, we will miss you! Your contributions have really been appreciated. But having made three major moves myself since my heart attack and last mets in 2004, I can relate to the need to save your strength to concentrate on moving. It will feel so good to get settled again, and we hope you will let us know how things are going. We look forward to seeing your posts again! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #9
Cathya

Rhonda;

I don't really know what you are talking about....it seems evident that there are some issues on site that I have totally missed...but....although I do understand why the stress of life can sometimes and even frequently cause us to need to put up walls sometimes....please remember...this is like a home....and family. You are free to be who you are including being stessed, opinionated, scared, sick, weak, happy and sad, etc. etc. We are all here for each other and share such a strong bond of commonality that you must remember you are welcome here and loved and will be missed in your (what I know is a temporary but necessary for you) absense. I hope you have a smooth move. I was just thinking of your son.....five...what a wonderful age for a son...I remember how snuggley and chatty my son was at that age.

God bless,

Cathya
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:57 AM   #10
sarah

Sorry to see you go. Have good rest. Often being too involved is tiring. Hopefully you will return soon to this site reinvigorated, we will miss you.
all the best,
Sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote