HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2004, 02:40 AM   #1
Steph N

Hi -
Andrea York will have all the details of the visits and what is required.
Yes, I live about 20 minutes from the U of W in Seattle.
Not yet having the consent form and study outline, this is a guess. I know that there will be an initial consult and then a battery of tests (do not yet know if they can be done in one day). It would seem that they will want to check the shot site and draw blood for antigen testing, etc. between shots. So, I am pretty sure that participants will need to go in more than one time a month. No problem for me - just a little parking money and gas.
Are you having the HLA test?
Old 04-16-2004, 04:56 AM   #2
ANDREA

Hi everyone-
The visits for the combination herceptin/vaccine study are no more than once monthly for 6 months. Once the vaccine series is completed, there are visits at 1,2,3, 6 and 12 months later.

Depending on how accomodating your onc is, these followup visits are for blood samples, and could be shipped, rather than donated in person.

On another note: our IRB is close to moving to electronic filing, whereby we might be able to post consents online, but now anytime I share a consent-as often as needed-it must be stamped with the IRB's "approval". The documents on my computer are not with this precious stamp. If anyone wants a consent, please email me directly, and provide me with your snail mail address. Have a great weekend, everyone!