HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-17-2004, 03:01 PM   #1
Lyn

Hi, it seems like you and I have the same strain of BC. I am the first at my Hospital in Australia to start Herceptin. Mine keeps coming back in the neck and skin. Have you had Navelbine with your Herceptin it got rid of my stubborn lumps I was on it for over 60 doses but even the suspect one that came up near my original scar eventually didn't get a mention. I have just have first dose of Carboplatin with my Herceptin, this lump that was on the side of my neck, could be felt and seen kept slipping under the radar for the last 12 months and finally a MRI acknowledge it, I have had previous radiation and they kept blaming that for the thick skin but I knew better it came on its own but while looking they found a gland under my jugular which was biopsied and went with radiation. I am alos not hormone responsive so Aromasin got rid of another lot. I have been doing this since 1998 AC rads CMF, Taxotere, Femara, Xeloda got rid of a skin mets but only worked once Navelbine got rid of the next, it seems I have a good response and then something else comes up. Femara didn't work at all but I am currently looking at Iressa, not yet recognised here for BC, my onc did a trial for BC and Lung Mets with this and now there is a chance may work with head and neck, if this lot fails. I have been usually well with my treatments but feel a bit nauseas with the Carboplatin so I hope it gets better and I start to see a result. Definately keep in touch. I have not had any surgery for these lumps or any indication there will be.

Hugs Lyn