HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2006, 11:22 AM   #1
dee

Gallery Images

I want to thank everyone, epecially Joe for making it possible, and Al from Canada, for updating his photos, for all the great images sent to this site for our viewing pleasure. I hope everyone visits the gallery periodically to see what people have to say in pictures - one pix = 1K words - because, for some of us, that is how we best express ourselves. We don't lurk, exactly, we just say our piece in pictures. My abiding message is that I am SO much more than the stinking cancer. However, because it has touched me, and in the form we all possess on this site - at least, most of us - I visit often to keep up with the growing body of assembled science and anictodal evidence AND the comfort I derive from "listening" to others in a similar plight.

On another note, I am in San Diego right now, visiting my family in Ocean Beach. My brother, Duane, a nurse, has committed to come see those who "man" the boothe at the Cancer Survivor event on June 11th. His birthday is the next day; wish him a happy one. He owes his sister's sanity and survivor spirit to this site - and knows it.

dee

PS People, please send photos - they enlarge our universe and help to connect our dots of understanding.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
SherryS

Dee, thank you for posting a reminder to visit that thread. I just did and I'm so glad that I took the opportunity. You are so right -- one picture is worth a thousand words. Just because people don't post a lot, doesn't mean that they aren't "here". They are and their presence is acknowledged by what they say in their photos and albums. It was heart-warming to see so many families, and pets (who are family!) and things that people love -- art, travel and how nice to see people enjoying life -- living it. I have no digital camera (yet!) so have nothing to post, but it is certainly another way that I can express myself and look forward to doing that.

All the best to your brother as he celebrates his birthday in a few weeks -- he sounds like quite a guy.

I loved your P.S. Dee -- you are so right when you said "photos enlarge our universe and help to connect our dots of understanding."
Old 05-29-2006, 01:21 PM   #3
dee

My brother, Duane,

IS QUITE a guy. In addition to being a main support for me throughout the last three years, nay, my entire life, he participated on the intervention medical team twice this past year for Katrina and Rita survivors. He is a certified psych nurse for pediatrics - he won an award this year for his huge contribution in his field. He just got back from New Orleans last week after having presented at a national conference there for nurse reponders to the huricane disaster. He is a great guy, and very interested in meeting some of the folks who also have bouyed me throughout my cancer experience. He works nights, so he will arrive late in the day - but he plans to attend.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote