HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #1
*_Anne_*

Hello everyone,

I know that a lot of you are getting Herceptin in the adjuvant setting, either in a trial or off-label. Now I know that Xeloda is predominantly used for ER/PR- tumors. Does anyone think it is good to take Xeloda for 1-2 years after the year of Herceptin. I have read that Herceptin and Xeloda are not synersgistic but would it hurt to take it afterward. Is anyone taking this route currently?

Hugs,
Anne
Old 02-05-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
Lyn

Hi there, I too am negative and have had Xeloda for previous skin mets and I am now to take it again with radiation for out break in other breast. I have heard, not sure who, but one lady has been taking Xeloda for 8 years, seems every time she came off it she had a reoccurence, I may to need to go this way, but I have always remained on Herceptin, so it is a case of hit and miss I think to find what actually works.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Old 02-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #3
JoJo

I have yet to get on my 1st round of chemo regimen (for my recurrence, not original diagnosis). My onc and I have not discussed deeply enough, but basically & briefly she said that if my tumor(s) were growing again in the springtime, she would want me to stop Herceptin and then start on Xeloda.

I have never heard of Herceptin & Xeloda being angastonic against each other. Huh? Actually, I think I have seen so many women taking that combo over time, have you?

This is a good question to ask the onc, should this occur to any of us!
Old 02-06-2005, 05:41 AM   #4
Sheila

JoJo and Anne

My onc plans to use Xeloda with Herceptin on me for my mets...she said the 2 drugs are synergistic and work well together for mets.

Hugs
Sheila
Old 02-06-2005, 01:33 PM   #5
Esther

I've been on Herceptin, xeloda and navelbine for a year now.
This combination has worked very well for me. I saw information at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Conf. that trials had indicated that herceptin and xeloda had synergistic qualities when taken together.

You can search the SABCC site for more particular information.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #6
JoJo

Esther,

Thanks for the tip. I had seen my onc where we had very briefly discussed Xeloda BEFORE she would go to SABCS in Dec. I will ask her again in 3 weeks.

Glad to hear that this combo has been working successfully on you! :-)
Old 02-07-2005, 02:22 PM   #7
anne

Thank you everyone for your responses. I think I have understood that Xeloda is reserved for mets. I was more wondering if it can be used after the primary diagnosis. I am happy to see that it has worked well for the most part.

XOXO
Anne
anne is offline   Reply With Quote