HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2005, 04:41 PM   #1
*_anne_*

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to ask if anyone has heard of a private company administering Her2 vaccines to NED women at a cost of $14000 per injection. My father asked my mom's onc but her said " he's working on something and won't let us know until her adjuvant Herceptin is over. I think my father said theses companies are in New Jersey and California. It sounds like a great thing especially for people who are high risk. I don't know if anyone has participated in this "dendritic cell" vaccine and what the FDA thinks about all this. It would help a lot of people on this board who are not able to get Herceptin early. I will keep you updated as and when I have more information.

XOXO
Anne
Old 01-05-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
Lisa

Did I read right? $14,000 per injection. I fail to see how this would help anyone. Please explain.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 01-07-2005, 08:35 AM   #3
anne

I am sorry I don't have any other information other than it's a private company that you have to pay for the vaccine. It's a series of 2 shots at a very high price. I don't know how legal this is or anything but was wondering if anyone else has heard of this.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
StephN

I would be extremely suspicious of a company offering this 2-shot vaccine. What is it supposed to do???
The name of the company should be run through every bureau and medical association. The shot can not be administered unless FDA approved or an approved trial.
My smell meter has risen on this one!
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote