HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-27-2004, 09:03 PM   #1
Sheila

Anyone been on this combo and what side effects can I expect? I am slated to get this combo every 3 weeks.
Thanks
Sheila
Old 09-28-2004, 02:19 AM   #2
JoJo

Sorry not to be answering your question directly, but another question just came to mind:

Can Carbo be given to earlier-stage BC patients?

Unless you are stage 4, Sheila??...
Old 09-28-2004, 03:43 AM   #3
Patty H

I was on carboplatin and taxotere with herceptin. I took it weekly and the side effects are milder that way. I didn't loose my hair (from the taxotere) and I would feel like I had a mild case of flu for a couple of days, kind of achey. The worse part was I had to take steroids with it and I hate them but I really felt pretty good and my blood counts stayed up. You are just having the two with out taxol or taxotere? Patty H
Old 09-28-2004, 06:04 AM   #4
jeff

Yes, one arm of the one of the major adjuvant herceptin trials was testing carboplatin, herceptin, and taxotere...I know the UCLA people are particularly hopeful about this combo...

Jeff
Old 09-28-2004, 09:30 AM   #5
Cathy W

I did Carbo/taxotere/herceptin/zomeda for 8 cycles of once every 3 weeks, and then the onc. dropped the carbo and I just did the other 3 every week.
Some of the side effects I noticed were twitching eyes and eyelids, runny eyes, weakness in my legs, "grey" complexion, fatigue.
It's doable. You may get every side effect or very few. I can tell you I felt better after about 3 cycles than before I started. By the time I started chemo for mets, I had a huge pleural effusion and my lymph in my chest was so swollen from the cancer I couldn't swallow anything but liquids and jello.
You'll do fine. It's a powerful combo, but it has a high success rate.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:51 PM   #6
Helle DK

Hallo.

I have had 4 rounds of Carbo. and Herceptin with very good result. My lungs looks fine again and my skin mets. are not painful anymore and looking much better. I do fell very well again, even on chemotherapy. This combination are one of my most tolerated one I have tried. I hope the same for you.

Best of luck Helle