HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-26-2004, 06:21 AM   #1
lindaw

Dear friends

Just wondering how the skin mets ladies are going with various treatments . Still wondering about janeP - haven't heard from her in a while.
I have had 3 rounds of xeloda and the rash disappeared the 2nd week. Bit nervous as the 4th round is usually when recurrence happens for me.
Love to hear from others/

love
lindaw
Old 09-26-2004, 06:56 AM   #2
Vicki Z

Can you describe what skin mets look like? Recently, I developed a rash at night under my skin on my midriff and abdomen, but no where else. I noticed this after I took some Bactrim for a nose infection, but I've never been allergic to this drug before. It seems to go away when I get up although I feel it under my skin. It's more like a heat rash, from being hot under the sheets at night. vz
Old 09-26-2004, 07:54 AM   #3
Sandy H.

I am on Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin and just finished my first cycle of 6 weekly treatments. The rash is gone but I will need to do at least another cycle of 6 treatments. We will talk about me staying on Herceptin to see if I can get a longer time off chemo. We thought it wasn't working so this will be an experiment to see what happens. That is good the Xeloda is working for you it didn't work for me. I have been wondering about Jane P. and hope we hear from her or someone who knows how she is. Hugs, Sandy
Old 09-27-2004, 03:21 AM   #4
Velva

Hi all,
I AM STILL Xeloda (since Feb.), my onc took me off Herceptin last week 2ndary to lower ejection fraction by echo, now 50%, was around 63%. The cardio doc will recheck in 3 wks.
My onc & I are unsure if the Herceptin slows mets down or not, so we'll see. Xeloda is working on skin mets slowly, had hand/foot syndrome 2x. I have a small lump on neck that has appeared since being on Xeloda & Herceptin, didn,t show up on PET in June. We have been "watching" it since, and it now seems a bit larger in past 2 wks. & right ear & nearby skin is partally numb. So, I'm scheduled for neck MRI Tues.. Otherwise OK.
Sandy hope Herceptin works for you, sometimes it's difficlt to tell when you're on combo Rx.
I am going to request the "cellsearch system" as soon as it's available.
I have also been concerned about ane P?
Keep up the fight , Velva
Old 09-28-2004, 06:51 PM   #5
lindaw

Thanks everyone - have been away for 3 days with my firned at a spa resort - we had fun and ate yummy food and drank yummy wine.Thanks for replies - I just like to hear how you are going everynow and then.

love
lindaw