HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-29-2004, 07:35 AM   #1
Kristen

I don't remember for sure, I think it was jojo who asked me about being on carboplatin, that she or someone didn't know why it was being used in BC. I am on the Genentech study PH III BCIRG006 ADJ BR CA HER2+, and in the background section of my consent form it reads: The other regimen compared in this trial will consist of giving 6 cycles of Taxotere plus carbo. every 3 weeks with Herceptin given for one year (TCH). Preclinical and phase II studies have shown that Carboplatin given with Herceptin has increased antitumor activity. By comparing all 3 regimens (AC-T, AC-TH, TCH) researchers hope to find the safest, most effective therapy for your type of cancer.
I don't know if that answers anyone's question on why some of us got it, but I thougt I would share the info. I wish we knew what they know about phase II trials. take care, k
Old 09-29-2004, 07:49 AM   #2
Bonnie

I'm on that same trial. I, like you, would like to know what they know about the Phase II trial.

Bonnie
Old 09-29-2004, 09:04 AM   #3
Rozebud

I'm on the same trial as well - AC-TH arm. Really wanted your arm as I've heard they have the most hope for the synergy between herceptin & carbo. I'm glad to be getting the herceptin though.