HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-21-2016, 03:44 AM   #21
Ruth

Re: Implant Question / Radiation Question - Concerns

Dear VDC ~ I hope you don't mind an oldie chiming in on your concerns. I was treated with radiation for weeks coincidentally with weekly Herceptin. My stage was a 3 so the book was being thrown at me. This was 12 1/2 years ago. I'm fine. I do have thinner skin from the radiation but major problems absolutely now. I am incredibly thankful to be alive. My youngest was nursing at diagnosis - now she's a teenager, amazing soccer player and light of my life. Radiation has come leaps and bounds from when I had it. Mayo (Jacksonville) can protect your heart. My lungs didn't have much protection by they are doing just fine. All the years of swimming I worked hard to have in good lungs ( no smoking either). Basically I am good and most importantly still here. No signs of cancer and living & loving life to the fullest. My best wishes for you. Please PM me if you have any other concerns. Second opinions are great. Adriamycin and Cytoxin did nothing for my cancer. Months of no help and no positive effect on my positive lymph nodes (10 in all). Weekly taxol, 52 weekly herceptin treatments & intense radiation not to mention changing just about everything I eat, drink and deal with stress is what I attribute to me being here 12 1/2 years later. My best to you,
Kind Regard~ Ruth

Diagnosed 6/03 nursing daughter
Dose dense A/C 4x
Modified rad mast 8/03
IDC; 3 cm; 10+/16 nodes; ER/PR-; Her2+++
Weekly taxol w/Herceptin (off label) 12x's
40 weeks Herceptin
Radiation 33x
Reconstruction w/ implants 05 & 07
NED

Last edited by Ruth; 01-21-2016 at 03:52 AM.. Reason: Misspelling too early in morning :-)
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:12 PM   #22
VDC

Re: Implant Question / Radiation Question - Concerns

Ruth,
Thanks for the info! More information is always a good thing! I'm curious, what did you change diet wise? You mentioned changing your diet. Curious what you did.
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote