HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #1
eva9310

Implant Question / Radiation Question - Concerns

So in the beginning I was thinking I would have implants, that's what my surgical oncologist spoke about. After I had a consultation with another plastic surgeon he told me that implants have to be replaced. For those who just have implants for aesthetics it's not a problem. For those with implants because of reconstruction, there is a lot of scar tissue. He said I would probably get 10-12 years out of the first maybe 7-10 out of the second and maybe or maybe not be able to get a third replacement. Well that's not good! I'm 41 years old.

I brought this up to my surgical oncologist and she said yes that is true. Well then implant doesn't seem like a good idea for me. The other plastic surgeon recommended DEIP Flap and seems to be my best option for long term. I don't have a lot of fat but enough to do the single breast.

Still, I wonder how many people move on with implants not knowing that one day (although far down the road) they might end up with no options left.

That really bothers me that she didn't meant ion that to me!!! Maybe she was waiting for the plastic surgeon to go over this with me. I have yet to meet with the plastic surgeon that she works with.

Also, did anyone have any permanent skin changes / color changes from radiation? Just curious how many people this effects.

Eva
ER/PR - , HER2 +
Stage 2B
2 tumors, 1-4cm, 1-2cm
2 lymph nodes positive
4 treatments of AC - Done
12 Treatments of Taxol (weekly) + Perjeta & Herceptin (every 3 weeks)
Then surgery
Then 9 months of Herceptin every 3 weeks

After AC - ultrasounds show clear nodes and small tumor gone and larger tumor shrinking
After two rounds of taxol, one round of perjeta & herceptin - larger tumor can not be felt at all
eva9310 is offline   Reply With Quote