HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2004, 10:14 PM   #1
Gail Ganzlin

Diagnosed in Nov. 2000 calcificaitons - Lymph nodes - bone - boom - stage IV. Opted for bilateral mastectomy just in case with immediated reconstruction. Started Navelbine in combination with Herceptin and Aredia did 18 rounds of Navelbine and continue to this day with getting Herceptin every three weeks and now am on Zometa instead of Aredia once a month. Two weeks ago I had my CT and bone scan (as I do every three months) and they found some small nodules on my right lung (same side as original cancer). I had a PET scan and have an appointment with my oncologist this afternoon. I will keep you posted but in the mean time - say a little prayer for me.
Thanks Gail
Old 06-10-2004, 03:30 AM   #2
Gail Ganzlin

It has been confirmed with the PET scan that my cancer is back. I will be starting my chemo treatment of Navelbine and will continue for two months then rechecking with a CT scan. Of course " I will stay on Herceptin and Zometa. I will be wearing my ""Chemo Commando"" outfit for my chemo appt. on Tuesday. Thanks for all your prayers. Let us continue to pray for all women who have this disease and for the doctors and researchers. May God bless."