HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-11-2004, 07:58 AM   #1
Angela

I am on Femara and I am also having trouble sleeping. I read your post and was wondering what you are taking to help you sleep. I tried benadryl but it doesn't seem to help. Also I am having trouble with swelling? Do you think it may be the femara?

Thanks,
Angela
Old 07-17-2004, 03:59 AM   #2
janelle

Spoke to Lisa last night about this very same subject. She said the Gamma knife is where they use the metal frame to hold the head still.. and the cyberknife is a one time zap that takes about an hour... she said that the cyberknife is the way to go... I plan on hitting Google today and look up the two. I'm sure that Lisa or Christine can give you better descriptions.

Good luck and hugs
Old 08-03-2004, 01:21 PM   #3
janelle

You and Lisa are just such an inspiration. The gammaknife sounds like a quite an ordeal and it sounds like you came through like a trooper. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Janelle
Old 08-03-2004, 01:36 PM   #4
Lolly

Wow, JoJo, what a day you had! Thanks so much for the detailed report, it really helps shed light on the subject and take the edge off the fear of the unknown. Way to go, and I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Love, Lolly
Old 08-03-2004, 03:44 PM   #5
lindaw

Dear Jojo
What a day you have had . You must be exhausted.
Your radiation dr sounds lovely and that certainly makes the difference i imagine.
I will be thinking of you as your treatment continues and looking for news of your progress.
love
lindaw
Old 08-12-2004, 10:43 AM   #6
janelle

Have a ball lady.. will watch the gymnastics and think of you!

Hugs
Old 09-08-2004, 08:54 PM   #7
Sheila

JoJo
No biopsy yet...my scans are the 13th, so I should know the 14th. I am guessing a biopsy after that...it is exactly where the other positive nodes were discovered...1 year ago!
Thanks for the warm wished and thoughts.
Hugs
Sheila
Old 09-17-2004, 04:02 AM   #8
Linda in Calif

Thanks JoJo! Take Care, Linda
Old 09-20-2004, 10:22 PM   #9
Lisa S

80% for both ER and PR
Old 09-22-2004, 01:28 PM   #10
Kristen

Hie JoJo,
I had 3 out of 12 nodes +.
radiation 30 txs
I get that q alot about carbo, It was the arm I drew on Genentch study. I heard it is also used in ovarian cancer. I was in Phase III trail. My doctor thought it was the best combo for me and I did it to get on the study to recieve Herceptin for a year.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:45 PM   #11
Sandy H.

I heard this week that us Her2 patients should not get adriamycin it causes our cancer to spread??? Anyone else heard of this. The person that told me said she had a spread on it and I had it and now remember I also did. It shrink the tumor for surgery but also spread it as well. Any comments? Hugs, Sandy
Old 09-22-2004, 10:06 PM   #12
carlye

I would like to see documents on that! Adriomycin is the first line of treatment for her-2 patients. It is known that her-2 patients respond very well to adriomycin.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:03 AM   #13
JoJo

This is the first I've heard about while being on Adriamycin, cancer could be spread. But I've heard that it's the first-line chemo for breast cancer patients. Another moment for us ladies to do another round of research!

I was neoadjuvant, so I responded pretty good to A/C -- my primary tumor was shrinking yes, but my reponse was even greater to Taxol/Herceptin that it brought the 6cm primary tumor to complete disappearance.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:47 PM   #14
Sheila

JoJo
Thaks for asking...my head MRI was fine, as wer the lung and liver scans. The neck node was seen on the scans as well as an increse in the mediastinal node that they have been watching. I go today to Chicago and will find out what the next plan of attack will be. I have a terrible cold right now ( a little gift from my grandaughter), so I doubt they will start new treatment today...I am hoping they will keep me on the Herceptin.I will let you know. Thanks
Sheila
Old 09-28-2004, 07:03 AM   #15
Sheila

JoJo
I am Stage IV...and the Herceptin is not doing enough to keep the nodes from popping up and enlarging.
Thanks
Sheila
Old 09-28-2004, 09:04 PM   #16
Sheila

JoJo
I have not been on Navelbine or Xeloda before...I was originally diagnosed as Stage 1 in 2002 with NO positive nodes, then in 2003 I had mets to the lymph nodes in my neck, classified as Stage IV and put on Herceptin. The nodes were removed, and now more have resurfaced. My oncologist seems to think the best result will be obtained with Carbo and Herceptin, and possibly adding Taxotere if needed. The other enlarging node, the mediastinal is in my chest by the aorta. Hope this helps.
Hugs
Sheila