HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 08-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #81
chrisy

Today's joy was being at my favorite coffee shop with my friend after our morning walk, listening to old Frank Sinatra songs. I didn't sing along because Frank was doin' just fine!
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:28 PM   #82
Sheila

I had to go to the car dealership, and had a horendous hot flash...of course the men looked at me like I was in a circus...bald and sweaty, how sexy is that...but then I smiled, even a hot flash brings joy, It tells me I am still around to enjoy them! So, I took advantage of the situation, stopped at Mc Donalds and ordered a senior citizen coffee.....SO THERE OLD AGE!

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #83
Jeanette

Talking Joy

Joy is getting a senior discount at our local Kohl's. Love all the stores that give senior discounts . Jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:14 AM   #84
madubois63

Yesterday's Joy - Breakfast with my son (He slept all day and was awake all night for the whole summer - so this was a treat). My friend Liz (Cancer survivor and doesn't work like me. That means she is available for anything at a phone call. We drove to "The Hampton's" and ate sandwiches by the water). Walking with my daughter on the track (clear skies, cool breeze and good laughs). And I have to say, my chicken summer stew came out really good last night!

Today's Joy - The good lab reports I will get later on at the cancer center, a drive to the ocean (Fire Island) with Liz and the comfort of my own home and family. Life is good...
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver
BC mets to lung 11/07
Fasoladex Herceptin Zometa Xeloda
GVHD/Iron overload to liver
Avascular Necrosis/morphine pump 10/10
metastatic brain tumor
steriotactic radiosurgery
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:08 AM   #85
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Smile Ooops...Lots Of Catching Up To Do

Today's Joy: My 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter had just come back from the dentist all upset. She asked her parents if she could see her Grandma Marie at work, so my Daughter-in-Law called and asked if they could swing by. They did and I left work early for something besides my husband's breast cancer. We had the best of times and I really needed her dose of medicine. I was thankful just to be able to sit there & draw and eat with my family.

My husband and I decided to go out for a ride, he is at his peak during the evening hours. First we grabbed sandwiches and coffee (yes..he cheated and loved it too..LOL). Then it was off to the ocean and as we traveled there we went the long way. The long way enables us to view a beautiful falcon nest, owl nest and hawks nest. No week is compete if we do not see our pals and this week was no different. Last night there were about 20 bats flying around the lights in this area and I was captivated with the wonder of it all. I looked up to see our falcon and told him hello. I have named him Eddie!! LOL!!

The joy did not stop here, the moon was so glorious perched boldly in the sky, the light bounced off the waves and gently touched his face. There are benches of black marble that represent mini-memorials for those we have lost and when I asked if he wanted his own bench he said "No Bop, I am no one special". Of course I stopped to face him and as that moonlight kissed his face softly I held him and we cried together. After I could gather some air I replied: "You are special love, you are my knight, my warrior...the best friend I could ever have!! I told him he has to feed his soul some more and stay strong because I am demanding a miracle and he too needs to claim it for himself. I reminded him that we have a mission here and I am so happy that we have this chance to try to get to dance with NED". We practiced the dance in the moonlight with others watching the calm ocean in the distance.

I find joy in becoming a better, stronger person. I keep to heart that I fear very little now that cancer has entered our lives. Not much can give me fear anymore and I feel that it has helped to make me that person. I worry about the little things less, I fear less, I have better perception with evreything. I find joy in the things this journey has given to us, cancer aside. You see, even before cancer I felt this way about my husband and now things are better than ever. Of course cancer aside.

And one more joy I take pleasure each day is my family support here. I KNOW I could never do this without my beliefs and the strength I gather here. I love you all. And girls, practice that dance with NED and remember to save us a seat!!

Everlastingly>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #86
chrisy

internal alarm clock

Ok, Marie, as usual, your post makes anything anyone (especially me!) might say next seem like a feather in the wind!
So glad you were able to share that wonderful moonlight beach time. And keep encouraging Ed (and the rest of us!)

My little teeny joy was using my "internal alarm clock" this morning to get up at 5 am (2 1/2 hours earlier than usual), to go up to UCSF for labs and my infusion. I stopped using alarm clocks 9 years ago after hearing a speaker on "the power of your mind" tell us that your body KNOWS what time it is and you can wake up whenever you want, but most people don't trust it. Well, it took a while, but I now BELIEVE my mind has the power to wake me up at whatever time I say, and it works!

Now if I could just get it to put all those little canser cells to sleep, permanently!
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #87
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink My Little Joy! Sybnchronicity At Work!!

MY LITTLE JOY. I ran errands and got to my 3:00 appt for a manicure exactly on time. A woman was standing at the counter in front of me. I gathered my credit card (to pay before, so I don't smear my nails) and was off somewhere else mentally. Then I tuned in, and I heard my Friend Anette's voice coming from this woman in front of me. Anette?, I asked KNOWING it had to be her; that was Anette's voice to be sure! Of, my God. She wouldn't turned around. What's going on?, I asked, as she is the most huggy person, full of joy and affection. What are the odds!!?, she said proclaimed aghast. She was buying a gift certificate for my Bday to give me on Sunday, when my daughter and son-in-law are making me a BarBQ to celebrate, and have invited Anette and hubby (Bunky). Yes, that's his nickname, don't know why. Yes, I'm *guilty* -- Virgo!

Anette (Antoinette) was so utterly embarrassed (caught with her hand in the cookie jar). She just kept repeating, What are the *#?!ing odds of you being here on this day, at this exact time??!! Stunned, nodding her head (which I could still only see from behind. FINALLY, she turned and hugged me and told me sheepishly that I better act surprised when she gives me my present. She left and then as I was paying, Bunky came in to give me a hug too, didn't want me to think he was ignoring me he said. (I didn't even realize she was with him. He was in the car.)

So I just felt all glowy and loved and loving and joyful, and it's *stuck* for hrs now! So nice to be remembered. And, she honestly didn't have to buy me anything! I mean it! (Paul bought some champagne in Costco to chill and bring and surprise everyone, to rejoice with.) Birthdays are wonderful. I intend on keeping on having them. I'm going to collect them, in fact.

May your every day have moments of joy, love and serenity. This is what I wish for my dear soul mates I find myself bonded to. Joy, love and serenity are what keep us sane and get us through the worst of times. Sending happy energy to all my Sisters and Brothers, as always...
Andi
AndiBB@aol.com
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:26 AM   #88
kcherub

Bonnie...

Yes, he is too funny! One more reason to think positively!!!

Take care,
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:29 PM   #89
hutchibk

Today's joy was making the "rounds" at my clinic... just went in for some quick labs, and stayed for almost 2 hours! I visited with my Access program advocate, my social worker, financial counselor, Dr's nurse (her hubby will be on CMT tonight, plays in band with Miranda Lambert), infusion nurses, my lab techs... and around every corner seemed to run into my doctor who kept laughing at me, asking "are you still here? - you should get a job here"...and he targeted me with a rubber band, and told me my eyes looked pretty today... He is such a nut and I love him and all of the associated staff there so much. For such a serious place that does such serious work, they are so positive and playful. What a blessing and a joy!

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:46 PM   #90
BonnieR

Brenda, wow, that is one happy place. Mine is friendly but nothing like that! Maybe I am still too much a "newcomer". I am working on developing relationships...They always assign a different infusion nurse, I am told. I wonder if it is to avoid too much bonding???
My JOY today:
Our CO detector went off this morning. I could not get it to reset so I did as instructed and called the non-emergency fire department phone number. Two firemen showed up. I apologized for bothering them but said because my husband was away and I was on chemo, I did not want to take any chances. They fixed the problem and then one of them asked me about my cancer. His wife has been having pain and finally, at a routine mammogram, something "suspicious" has shown up. They cannot get get a follow up appt until next Wed and he is SO concerned. He was beside himself and was getting teary-eyed telling me about it. Big strong fireman. I felt so grateful to be able to share what knowledge I had with him. Gave him my phone # for her to call me if she wanted. Nothing happens in God's world by mistake. It was meant to be that he came to my house today.
It filled me with joy..
AND, later, I received a suprise basket of flowers from a friend "just because"!!

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:50 PM   #91
hutchibk

Yeah - I am definitely on the "guest-list" there, LOL. I guess I am an old-timer and have the benefit of knowing everyone, been going there for almost 4 years now. It's a great place. It's where Lance Armstrong started locally before going to the specialist he found... and it's where Ann Richards went, too.

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:10 PM   #92
kcherub

Smile

My joy today...

I had lunch with one of my favorite people, and tried a new Thai dish!

Sales were great at my store, AND I had the day off!

My son's teacher said he is doing great this year (he attends Montessori and takes medication for ADHD, so I am extra proud)...

My husband paid off one of my credit cards, and

I am here and feeling great!!!

Here's to tomorrow,
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Married 17 years
13-year old son
GA, USA

Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 PM   #93
StillHere

Krista, I just have to say that the picture of you and your son just made me feel wonderful. It is just so REAL and like true life captured on film. It looks so spontaneous, it could not have been posed. I feel so lucky to have my children all grown up before I was diagnosed. I truely pray that a cure comes along soon for all you courageous women with young children. I know that I will trial experimental treatments if/when I ever get to stage IV, first for my daughter (Nicki Age 27), and second for all my sisters on this site with kids who need their mothers. Got to go this is getting long winded and my husband just came home with fish fry's. Yum Yum!, yes I know fried foods are not healthy. Tooooo Bad. Peace to everyone tonight! Karen
05/05 Cytoxan & Adriamycin every 3wk x4
08/05 Taxol every 2wk x 4, Herceptin every wk x1yr
10/05 Bilat Mast - my Choice
10/05 3/19 lymph nodes Pos, Stage IIIa
11/05 Rad x 37 Rx, R Brst & Axcilla
02/06 Herceptin stopped (L vent HF 40)
03/06 Started & Stoped Arimidex after 2 mos.-QOL side effects
05/06 Started Tamoxafin
06/06 Bilat Free Flap Reconstruction
12/06 Cardiomyopathy reversed-HF normal
01/07 Bilat Saline Implants
07/07 CA 27-29 steadily rising from 28 in 12/06 to 46 in 7/07
07/07 PET Scan NED, but inflamation at prev surg site.
09/07 Started Femara
10/07 CA 27-29 down to 39
06/08 CA 27-29 down to 32
09/08 Lg joint pain & QOL side effects from Femara, will live w/ to keep CA markers within normal range.
StillHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:15 PM   #94
kcherub

Karen,

If I can bring joy from another day into this--the picture was taken at The Titanic exhibit in Atlanta in early May. I had actually just told him that his Daddy wears girl's underpants (with cherries on them to be exact), so that he would giggle. It worked.

Take care,
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Married 17 years
13-year old son
GA, USA

Old 09-02-2007, 04:00 AM   #95
madubois63

Joy in my life: A phone call from the doctor saying my blood type has FINALLY changed from my B+ to my donor's A+. It's kind of weird, but this is a great thing!!

A ferry ride to my sister's with my kids and friends, and a big party for me that was postponed from last week. A pool, good food, nice weather and lots of people I love....

Spending nearly $30 on tomatoes at the farm stand and making a HUGE pot of homemade sauce for the winter. My house smells sooooo good! Oh, and I making fresh salsa too - yum!!
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver
BC mets to lung 11/07
Fasoladex Herceptin Zometa Xeloda
GVHD/Iron overload to liver
Avascular Necrosis/morphine pump 10/10
metastatic brain tumor
steriotactic radiosurgery
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:36 AM   #96
dhealey

Today's joy is being here to celebrate another birthday with my loving family!
4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Taxol
Herceptin every 3 weeks until Jan. 2008
6/18/07 prophylatic mastectomy R breast
8/2007 started aromasin/stopped arimidex (side effects)
12/07 stopped aromasin due to side effects (now what?)
Finished herceptin 1/8/08
started tamoxifen for 2 years then will switch to femera
allergic to tamoxifen started femera 4/2008
June 20, 2008 portacath removed
Learnig to live life to the fullest!
Stopped Femera due to side effects
July 28, 2008 start trial for breast cancer vaccine
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #97
StephN

Wink Hey Debbie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Wasn't sure if it was yours or a family member's by the post - but I will go with "it is yours."

Sunday farmer's market nearby is always great for celebrating the joys of Mother Nature's bounty. I went today and there was such a profusion of ripe vegetables and tree fruits that I hardly could choose. We are celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday here tonight, so I could buy a few more items to share at the dinner. Even the first ripe red bartlett pears were fragrant so I got some.

The heirloom potato/tomato man was so nice he even gave me a VERY ripe and LARGE heirloom tomato with we will use tonight. He remembers that I have been coming to his stall most Sunday's and told some friends to go see him. Today he even had some lovely eggplant, which I got to go with the medly of squash I got from the hispanic family I buy from.

I feel so "old-fashioned" looking forward to Market Day! Like I should have on a big hat and long skirt instead of the organic cottons I often wear. Have to confess I often go to a Thursday farmer's market also not far away. Organic, organic, organic!

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #98
dhealey

Yes it was my birthday. A year ago I wasn't so sure I would still be here, so it was a great day! Thank you!
4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Taxol
Herceptin every 3 weeks until Jan. 2008
6/18/07 prophylatic mastectomy R breast
8/2007 started aromasin/stopped arimidex (side effects)
12/07 stopped aromasin due to side effects (now what?)
Finished herceptin 1/8/08
started tamoxifen for 2 years then will switch to femera
allergic to tamoxifen started femera 4/2008
June 20, 2008 portacath removed
Learnig to live life to the fullest!
Stopped Femera due to side effects
July 28, 2008 start trial for breast cancer vaccine
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:35 PM   #99
hutchibk

How about this one... waking up yesterday morning to find that my cat had been doing his job overnight and had caught and killed a garter snake who had snuck into the house! Joy was that I did not wake up to a snake in my bed! LOL

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Old 09-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #100
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Talking

I am grateful to be celebrated another Bday. Every one that I truly love has called me and/or sent cards. I even got a few gifts, some totally unexpected. I feel so special. It has been a lovely day! Yesterday my son-in-law made one of his fabulous BarBQs in my honor. So I was with 3 of 5 grandchildren and my daughter, SIL, hubby (of course) and a favorite couple who is friends w/both us and my dghtr/SIL! Paul brought champagne. (We are both thankful for reaching this milestone, very aware and deeply moved!) There was a Carvel cake for me and they all sang the HAPPY BDAY SONG with gusto! With help, I smeared my name and dotted each of my grandkids noses (at their request) and we ALL blew out the multitude of collected candles.

My California dghtr called and sang to me along w/my 3 yr old grandson. They sounded like a choir, I swear! Very loud and resonant. Tonight we're going w/friends to *the club* for dinner and more toasting and chatter and laughter. Life is a party. (My dad was 63 when he died of a massive heart attack, in '77. I always thought he was way too young to die. I particularly feel that way as I turn 63. I remember the funeral home being literally filled to *overflowing* with people who were blown away by the terrible and sudden loss. It was quite the tribute.) So, for many reasons, I am keenly glad and jubilant to have reached yet another Bday, after thinking in '95 (at age 50) that I may not make it to my next Bday. I quickly rethought that, as I find I must do on a regular basis, cheering myself up with strong, bold thoughts of endurance. But back then, I did have moment of thinking I'd be disappointed and not live to welcome in the next century, as I'd looked forward it for so long! And here I am. HERE AM I, Lord. Thank you for sustaining me and enabling me to reach this glorious day. I take nothing for granted. Feel utterly blessed and joyful.

I have spent the day avoiding packing, the most horrid chore in the world to me. We are leaving on Wed. for a quickie to NY. Pelvic sono, family affair, friends, rush, rush, hug, hug. I haven't brought the suitcases out yet as I know once my pups see them, they will be sad. Right now, they're still clueless. (I haven't told them.) Looking for a major adrenaline rush tmrrw to see me through... Sending loving, joyful energy to all my Sisters and Brothers who I feel so very close to... May you all live many, many decades to come in happy harmony and good health! I'll drink to that! Later...
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote