HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
DonnaD

All those dancing with NED (no evidence of disease)

Sisters and brothers,
It seems we have had so many losses these last few months. My heart breaks for each and every sister and their families, who have lost the battle to this terrible disease. Many, like Sheila, are struggling with so much right now. It is wonderful to see so many respond with prayers, concern and support. Often I am so overwhelmed with the sadness I can't check the site for days.

My concern is for our new sisters visiting this site. They may find only the sad events and could become discouraged, loosing that much needed hope. With Herceptin being available now to Early Stage BC patients there are many, many positive stories out there. It is only natural to go on with life when you get those good reports and not look back. Sisters like Becky, Jean and others who have not reoccurred, are here to offer their knowledge. I am so grateful to them. Please, please continue. The site needs you!

I think it would be helpful for some long term survivors and others who have not reoccurred to post. I totally believe this site is for everyone, especailly our sisters who are struggling. In no way does this mean we do not feel the pain others are experiencing. But we (I) also need some positive news.

Lets see if we can also hear from our sisters who are dancing with NED (no evidence of disease).

I'll start the ball rolling. I just had my 2 year check up (well almost 2 years, 22 months to be exact). All is well and I am so thankful. I am off to change my signature!
Donna
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!

Last edited by DonnaD; 06-28-2008 at 06:19 PM..
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote