HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-27-2005, 06:27 PM   #1
Christine
Founder - HER2 Support Group

Chat Room Schedule

Dear Members,

We will be starting a new program in the chat room. The program will revolve around given topics as a moderated talk in the chat room. These moderated topic chats will occur every other Sunday at 8:00 pm Eastern Time. On the "off" week, we will still be in the chat room at 8pm to have a free form chat.

The first three topic chats and dates are:

December 4 - Nutrition and Supplements

December 18 - Helpful hints on getting through diagnosis and chemotherapy

January 1 - The Origins of Her 2 and your thoughts on its evolution

Everyone is welcome to join. Our role is mainly to ensure that the chat stays on topic for one hour. After that, we will no longer type in hints that we are getting off topic. Naturally, the chat can continue longer than that unmoderated (whether it is on or off topic).

We will also be solicitating advice on chat topics and what you want as well as if the Sunday, 8pm Eastern time is the right time.

We sincerely hope you join the chat room on December 4.

Very truly yours

Becky and Maryanne
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:19 AM   #2
Ginagce

I can't believe I missed this chat. I even had it on my calendar then my "chemo brain" just totally forgot about it.

How did it go? That was the topic I was most interested in. Do you think you'll be doing it again?

Gina
Ginagce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:20 PM   #3
Becky

Gina

We are hoping to post this chat so everyone can read it later but I am waiting for Joe to return from San Antonio.

There will be a free form chat on this Sunday, December 11 at 8pm Eastern Standard time.

December 18 will be a topic chat, again at 8 pm EST and the topic will be Coping and preventing Chemo side effects.

I know all about chemo brain. We just sold our house last weekend. The lady who bought it came to see it and we had to frantically clean up and I "put" my daughter's retainers (teeth) "somewhere". We are looking and looking as this "secret placement" can cost me several $100 if we have to get new ones made. At least forgetting about the chat is a cheap thing to do.

Warm regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:40 PM   #4
Becky

Chat Room Schedule

Just a reminder that on January 1 at 8pm EST will be the third moderated chat room topic. This topic will revolve around possible ways HER 2 may have evolved or biochemical mechanisms surrounding it. Our guest moderator will be Gina Popp.

Get ready to join us and brainstorm and type out your ideas.

Maryanne and I will soon be posting the next three topics for January 15, January 29 and February 12. If you have any ideas of topics, please let Maryanne and I know.

Best regards,

Becky
Old 01-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #5
mickey

I told you guys I am totally illiterate. How do I get my user ID. I know I have one.
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 05:30 PM   #6
Gina

Question Mickey to get on the chat...

just click on CHAT and then click on register and type the chatroom name you wish to use and give it a password..that is really all there is to it...Then, when you are back on the main chat screen click the left side and go into the chat room. Once inside..things move pretty fast. Tonight's Chat will be on Her-2 origins...hope to see you there...Take care, Gina
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:17 AM   #7
Barb

Red face Help for a newbie to chat rooms and forums

I class myself as an illiterate user of Chat Rooms and Forums. This is so new to me but I am so interested in it, being HER2+. (I am not stupid mind, I can do spreadsheets and all sorts of wonderful things with photos, but Chat Rooms and Forums.....)
How do I begin a new topic, such as this letter, which is probably in the middle of someone else's topic. Sorry.
I seem to be wandering all over the place, can't even find where I posted my last letter! How can I become more familiar with the terminology and the use of the various windows.
Another question, what makes one a 'Member', a 'Senior Member' and a 'Junior Member'? I have been classed as a Junior Member and I am definitely not that being nearly at the gt g'ma stage! Did I not fill in the form correctly??
Cheers
Barb
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:54 AM   #8
tammymarie1971

Hi Barb, to get into the chat room up at the top of the page there are several options one of them being chat, click there you'll need to olg in with your screen name and a password. Also Up in the left hand corner at the top of the page it says her2 support group forums if you click on there you get several places to post. This last post you made was put under chat room, there are other places too, like clinical trials, articles and then most of us post under her2 support. I hope this helped. Also the difference between senior and junior members is just the amount of posts you've mad. I think you become a senior member when you've made over 20 posts. It has nothing to do with age!!!! Ha ha
Tammy
Dx'd Dec'01 while 6mos preg. with #4. child (30yrsold)Mastectomy/AC chemo/radiation/ Recur:Mar'04 liver mets: 3 taxol/herceptin /liver resection/3 taxol/herceptin. Cured?
Recur: May'05 spine & Hip. New onc
treatment in Mexico Feb'06-Mar-06
back to Mexico June/July '06
Currently on herceptin/Zometa/Femara-recently added navelbine
Switched to arimidex Nov'06
ovaries removed June '07
ca15-3 in May'06 was 102
ca15-3 summer of '07 holding steady at 23!
ca15-3 slowly rising Dec & Jan 36, 38, 41 and Feb was 36
Feb '08 Liver, lung & Brain scan NED... bones are stable with even a couple spots gone. as compared with '06 scans
May '08 ca 15-3 is 55. Treatment is zometa, vinorelbine, herceptin and aromasin.
No signifcant changes.
Feb'09 Started Xeloda with herceptin..no more hormonals
Feb'09-June'09 tumor markers coming down again from 155 to 84
May'09 blood clots in lungs vena cava filter put in..Heparin shots daily for now.
tammymarie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #9
Becky

January 2006 Chat Room Schedule

Happy New Year to Everyone

The following is the rest of January's chat room Schedule. All chat's are on Sundays at 8pm Eastern Standard Time. Every other week is a moderated chat on a predetermined topic. The off week is a free forum chat.

January 8 - free forum chat

January 15 - Hormonals (focus on AI's, Tamoxifen and Faslodex) in Her 2 Mediated Breast Cancer

January 22 - free forum chat

January 29 - Breast Reconstruction - Types and what to expect.

Hope to see you on the 8th for a free forum and for the topic discussions later in the month too.

Peace in the New Year,

Becky and Maryanne