HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
Jean

For Those To Take Curcumin Supplements....

THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE STATES,
"RESERCH SUGGESTS CURCUMIN IS NOT ABOSORBED WELL BY THE BODY, MOST FOOD OR SUPPLEMENTS FORM REMAINS IN THE GASTROINESTINAL SYSTEM IS ELMINATED BEFORE IT IS ABLE TO ENTER THE BLOODSTREAM OR TISSUES"

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/118585.php

I am wondering if this supplement is worth taking? If only trace amounts (If any) are getting into our bodies?
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
Becky

Curcumin's anti cancer properties have been well noted primarily for colon cancer (makes sense if it bathes the intestinal lining with or without absorption). I will continue to take it even for the minute absorption to have a bit of effect elsewhere in the body besides the stomach and intestines. Certainly this supplement should be taken with food which would aid absorption - especially fatty food so Rhonda H's method of sprinkling on salad (that has a dressing with oil) is a good one. Therefore, taking with lunch versus breakfast (of which most of us probably have cereal with skim milk and fruit - consisting of little fat) is probably better.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:11 AM   #3
Jean

Hi my dear sister!

Yes, I agree that any protection is better than none.
I was rather surprised that so little does get into the
system. But the way I see - I love my colon and stomach just as much as my other organs....LOL

I will think of you today during lunch as I sprinkle my
curcumin over my greens!

Big Hugs being sent to you!
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:01 AM   #4
chrisy

Jean,
There are also differences between supplements as far as absorption. Some (LEF brand for example) have additives that increase the amount of curcumin in the bloodstream vs. other supplements. But these can be hard on the stomach as well - so it would be wise to take these with food.
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
Rich66

Mol Pharm. 2007 Nov-Dec;4(6):807-18. Epub 2007 Nov 14. Links
Bioavailability of curcumin: problems and promises.

Anand P, Kunnumakkara AB, Newman RA, Aggarwal BB.
Cytokine Research Laboratory and Pharmaceutical Development Center, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA.
Curcumin, a polyphenolic compound derived from dietary spice turmeric, possesses diverse pharmacologic effects including anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiproliferative and antiangiogenic activities. Phase I clinical trials have shown that curcumin is safe even at high doses (12 g/day) in humans but exhibit poor bioavailability. Major reasons contributing to the low plasma and tissue levels of curcumin appear to be due to poor absorption, rapid metabolism, and rapid systemic elimination. To improve the bioavailability of curcumin, numerous approaches have been undertaken. These approaches involve, first, the use of adjuvant like piperine that interferes with glucuronidation; second, the use of liposomal curcumin; third, curcumin nanoparticles; fourth, the use of curcumin phospholipid complex; and fifth, the use of structural analogues of curcumin (e.g., EF-24). The latter has been reported to have a rapid absorption with a peak plasma half-life. Despite the lower bioavailability, therapeutic efficacy of curcumin against various human diseases, including cancer, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, arthritis, neurological diseases and Crohn's disease, has been documented. Enhanced bioavailability of curcumin in the near future is likely to bring this promising natural product to the forefront of therapeutic agents for treatment of human disease.

Mom's treatment history (link)
Rich66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #6
Rich66

Synthetic Molecules Could Add Spice To Fight Against Cancer

19 Aug 2008

Seeking to improve on nature, scientists used a spice-based compound as a starting point and developed synthetic molecules that, in lab settings, are able to kill cancer cells and stop the cells from spreading.

The researchers are combining organic chemistry, computer-aided design and molecular biology techniques in developing and testing pharmaceutical compounds that can fight breast and prostate cancer cells. The synthetic molecules are derived from curcumin, a naturally occurring compound found in the spice turmeric.

Centuries of anecdotal evidence and recent scientific research suggest curcumin has multiple disease-fighting features, including anti-tumor properties. However, when eaten, curcumin is not absorbed well by the body. Instead, most ingested curcumin in food or supplement form remains in the gastrointestinal system and is eliminated before it is able to enter the bloodstream or tissues.

"Newer evidence describes how curcumin interacts with certain proteins to generate anti-cancer activity inside the body. We're focusing on the pathways that are most involved in cancer and trying to optimize for those properties," said James Fuchs, assistant professor of medicinal chemistry and pharmacognosy at Ohio State University and principal investigator on the project.

Fuchs presented the research at the American Chemical Society meeting in Philadelphia. He described a selection of the 40 compounds developed to date, emphasizing the synthetic molecules that appear to have the most potential to serve as the basis for anti-cancer drug development.

Fuchs and colleagues are continuing to refine compounds that are best structured to interact with a few overactive proteins that are associated with cell activity in breast and prostate cancers. Blocking these molecular targets can initiate cell death or stop cell migration in the cancers.

A major component of their strategy is called structure-based, computer-aided design, a relatively new technology in the drug discovery field. Before ever working with an actual compound, the scientists can make manipulations to computer-designed molecules and observe simulated interactions between molecules and proteins to predict which structural changes will make the most sense to pursue.

"Most of the interaction between our compound and the overactive protein comes from what are called hot spots on the protein's surface," said Chenglong Li, assistant professor of medicinal chemistry and pharmacognosy at Ohio State and an expert in computational chemistry. "For each spot, we can design small chemical fragments and link them together to make a molecule. This is what computer-aided design and modeling can do."

Some of the most effective compounds have been tested for their effectiveness against human cancer cell lines - as well as whether they might be toxic to healthy cells. So far, the molecule favored by the researchers has a nearly 100-fold difference in toxicity to cancer cells vs. healthy cells, meaning it takes 100 times more of the compound to kill a healthy cell than it does to kill a cancer cell.

"Very small changes that may seem insignificant can have dramatic effects on these toxicity properties," Fuchs said. "But most of the compounds we've made have been more potent than curcumin against the cancer cells."

The computer-based predictions have suggested that the most effective compound developed to date can interact with proteins believed to be active in about 50 percent of all breast and prostate cancers.

"To be able to develop a drug that in the future could have potential to treat 50 percent of these cancers would be a major contribution," said Jiayuh Lin, an investigator in Ohio State's Comprehensive Cancer Center and an associate professor of pediatrics. Lin tests the experimental compounds in different types of breast and prostate cancer cell lines. He said some of the compounds also show potential to kill pancreatic cancer cells and inhibit cancer cell migration.

The computer-aided design also offers hints at the compounds' suitability as the basis for a drug, such as whether the molecules will remain stable during metabolism and whether they will maintain a structure that the body can absorb into the bloodstream and tissues. The team is planning to continue refining the compounds before advancing to animal studies to test their effectiveness. The scientists hope to develop a chemotherapeutic agent available in pill form.

Additional members of the research group, dubbed the OSU Molecular Target Team, are Pui-Kai Li, chair and associate professor, and graduate students Jonathan Etter, Dalia Abdelhamid, Nicholas Regan, Deepak Bhasin, Bulbul Pandit and Katryna Cisek, all of Ohio State's Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy; and Ling Cen, Li Lin and Brian Hutzen of the Center for Childhood Cancer in the Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus.

This work is supported by the Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program, the James S. McDonnell Foundation, the National Foundation for Cancer Research, Ohio State's Comprehensive Cancer Center and Ohio State's College of Pharmacy.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #7
StephN

Wink Turmeric force by New Chapter

This is something that I have taken, and am impressed with New Chapter's products in general. Like their committment to purity and efficacy.

I also sprinkle Turmeric from my spice shelf into my morning coffee, when I drink that. I use 2% milk and have it with an egg, hoping to get better absorbtion of the curcuminoids.

Following from New Chapter's web site regarding Turmeric force, supercritical organic Turmeric.

Available in 30 and 60 hexane-free softgel capsules

Researched for maintaining healthy inflammation response*
  • Maintains healthy cardiovascular and liver function*
New Chapter® has been in love with turmeric for decades. We grow it on our Biodynamicˆ farm in Costa Rica, which is nestled in the volcanic mountains adjoining the Children's Eternal Rainforest. Turmeric has long been revered as the foundation of an herbal program for health. In India's system of Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric has been recognized for thousands of years as a key balancing and detoxifying herb. In Indonesia's traditional medical system known as Jamu, turmeric is considered the "Queen" of all herbs, and is the featured daily herb for tens of millions of Indonesians. In Japan and China, people embrace turmeric for its powerful yet safe liver detoxification, and there are societies in Japan where turmeric juice is consumed daily. In the Western medical and herbal traditions, turmeric is considered by many leading scholars to be the most important healing herb on earth.

We at New Chapter agree that turmeric is the world's most important healing herb, and we are proud that Turmericforce is the world's first and only supercritical full-spectrum turmeric extract. We take our full-spectrum turmeric, and without chemical solvents or heat stress, concentrate radiant turmeric oils as much as 200:1. This is combined with a full-spectrum hydroethanolic extract that potency assures it for at least 11% of the full curcuminoid fractions. This is not a mere isolate of standardized turmeric, offering just one or more of the curcuminoids. This is turmeric's full healing glory.*

Click here for more information about turmeric and its traditional uses from the American Botanical Council.
New Chapter’s Supercritical Herbal Extracts
“Supercritical” means Super Purity, Super Potency, Broad Spectrum, and No Chemical Solvents. We take nature’s finest herbs and then extract and highly concentrate (as high as 250 to 1) their precious ingredients. We do not isolate out single ingredients or spike our extacts with synthesized additives. We deliver the wisdom of nature, with the complexity and organic nuances of the natural herb preserved for you. In fact, the supercritical process is the gentlest way to extract these delicate plant compounds in a manner to optimally preserve their potency and stability. And when you take New Chapter’s supercritical extracts, neither you, nor the environment, have to contend with chemical solvents.
ˆCertified Biodynamic by Demeter Association, P.O. Box1390, Philomath, OR 9737

Suggested use
One softgel daily in the middle of a larger meal with an 8 oz. glass of water.
Supplement facts
One softgel contains

%DV

Turmeric (rhizome) 80 mg supercritical extract (45% turmerones - 36 mg) and 320 mg ethanolic extract (11% curcuminoids - 35.2 mg)
400 mg

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #8
Rich66

Curcumin and resveratrol inhibit Nuclear Factor-kappaB-mediated cytokine expression in adipocytes.
[My paper] Amanda Gonzales, Robert Orlando

ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: Adipocytes express inflammatory mediators that contribute to the low-level, chronic inflammation found in obese subjects and have been linked to the onset of cardiovascular disorders and insulin resistance associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus. A reduction in inflammatory gene expression in adipocytes would be expected to reverse this low-level, inflammatory state and improve cardiovascular function and insulin sensitivity. The natural products, curcumin and resveratrol, are established anti-inflammatory compounds that mediate their effects by inhibiting activation of NF-kappaB signaling. In the present study, we examined if these natural products can inhibit NF-kappaB activation in adipocytes and in doing so reduce cytokine expression. METHODS: Cytokine (TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, IL-6) and COX-2 gene expression in 3T3-L1-derived adipocytes was measured by quantitative real-time PCR (qRT-PCR) with or without TNFalpha-stimulation. Cytokine protein and prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) expression were measured by ELISA. Effects of curcumin and resveratrol were evaluated by treating TNFalpha-stimulated adipocytes with each compound and 1) assessing the activation state of the NF-kappaB signaling pathway and 2) measuring inflammatory gene expression by qRT-PCR and ELISA. RESULTS: Both preadipocytes and differentiated adipocytes express the genes for TNF-alpha, IL-6, and COX-2, key mediators of the inflammatory response. Preadipocytes were also found to express IL-1beta; however, IL-1beta expression was absent in differentiated adipocytes. TNF-alpha treatment activated NF-kappaB signaling in differentiated adipocytes by inducing IkappaB degradation and NF-kappaB translocation to the nucleus, and as a result increased IL-6 (6-fold) and COX-2 (2.5-fold) mRNA levels. TNF-alpha also activated IL-1beta gene expression in differentiated adipocytes, but had no effect on endogenous TNF-alpha mRNA levels. No detectable TNF-alpha or IL-1beta was secreted by adipocytes. Curcumin and resveratrol treatment inhibited NF-kappaB activation and resulted in a reduction of TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, IL-6, and COX-2 gene expression (IC50 ~2uM) and a reduction of secreted IL-6 and PGE2 (IC50 ~20uM). CONCLUSIONS: Curcumin and resveratrol are able to inhibit TNFalpha-activated NF-kappaB signaling in adipocytes and as a result significantly reduce cytokine expression. These data suggest that curcumin and resveratrol may provide a novel and safe approach to reduce or inhibit the chronic inflammatory properties of adipose tissue.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #9
Barbara2

The last time I visited with my onc (probably about 45-50 years old), he said he takes turmeric...he puts it on everything. He thinks it doesn't change the taste much, so if you don't mind the color...

He also takes CoQ-10 and other supplements that we didn't discuss.

DX Oct 02 @ age 52 Stage 2B Grade 3 Mastectomy
"at least" 4.5 cm IDC 1+node ER+61% /PR-
Assiciated Intraductual component with Comedo Necrosis
Her2+ FISH8.6 IHC 2+
5 1/2 CEF Arimidex
Celebrex 400mg daily for 13 months
Prophylactic mastectomy
Estradiol #: 13
PTEN positive, "late" Herceptin (26 months after chemo)
Oct 05: Actonel for osteopenia from Arimidex.
May 08: Replaced Actonel with Zometa . Taking every 6
months.

Accepting the gift of life, I give thanks for it and live it in fullness.
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #10
Rich66

1: Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009 Feb;1155:278-83. Links
Curcumin as a Possible Lead Compound against Hormone-Independent, Multidrug-Resistant Breast Cancer.

Labbozzetta M, Notarbartolo M, Poma P, Maurici A, Inguglia L, Marchetti P, Rizzi M, Baruchello R, Simoni D, D'Alessandro N.
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmacologiche Pietro Benigno, UniversitÃ* di Palermo, Palermo, Italy.
We examine the possible evidence that the phytochemical curcumin may overcome resistance to hormonal and cytotoxic agents in breast cancer. We present our observations on MCF-7R, a multidrug-resistant (MDR) variant of the MCF-7 breast cancer cell line. In contrast to MCF-7, MCF-7R lacks aromatase and estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) and overexpresses the multidrug transporter ABCB1 and the products of different genes implicated in cell proliferation and survival, like c-IAP-1, NAIP, survivin, and COX-2. Nevertheless, in cytotoxicity and cell death induction assays, we found that the antitumor activity of curcumin is substantial both in MCF-7 and in MCF-7R. We elaborated the diketone system of curcumin into different analogues; the benzyloxime and the isoxazole and pyrazole heterocycles showed remarkable increases in the antitumor potency both in the parental and in the MDR MCF-7 cells. Furthermore, curcumin or, more potently, the isoxazole analogue, produced early reductions in the amounts of relevant gene transcripts that were diverse (i.e., they were relative to Bcl-2 and Bcl-X(L) in MCF-7 and the inhibitory of apoptosis proteins and COX-2 in MCF-7R) in the two cell lines. Thus, the two compounds exhibited the remarkable property of being able to modify their molecular activities according to the distinct characteristics of the parental and MDR cells. We discuss also how curcumin may (1) exert antitumor effects in breast cancer through ER-dependent and ER-independent mechanisms; and (2) act as a drug transporter-mediated MDR reversal agent. Overall, the structure of curcumin may represent the basis for the development of new, effective anticancer agents in hormone-independent MDR breast cancer.
PMID: 19250217 [PubMed - in process]
Old 03-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #11
ElaineM

Wink For Those To Take Curcumin

It seems those researchers can't make up their minds about curcumin. I still use it in chili, hummus, Asian noodles, rice, scrabbled eggs, curry and whateverseems right. I read that it is a good idea to add a little ginger to the curcumin.
Whenever I have a strange craving for it I use more of it.I believe if we truly have a craving for a certain food we should eat a little of it, because our bodies need something in that food or spice. If we take it with food I think it should go wherever the food goes.
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:48 AM   #12
Ellie F

Curcumin

Hi been reading with interest the info on curcumin. I started taking this a couple of months after my diagnosis after I read an article first by Professor Bharat Aggarwal from MD Anderson and then by Richard Beliveau.It appears that one of the most effective ways to increase absorption is to mix it first with black pepper and a little oil(olive or flax).This is supposed to significantly increase absorption some believe by 1000% and is thought to be one reason why it may reduce cancer in south east Asia where it is mixed with oil and black pepper in traditional curries.I have had some difficulty obtaining good quality curcumin in England and have recently started importing it from Ageless Cures in Houston.
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:20 AM   #13
Mary Anne in TX

My husband starts each day with oatmeal "doctored" with tumeric, curcumin, ginger, garlic, red pepper and whatever else.
He started several years ago and has learned to enjoy his weird breakfast each day. He's healthy as a horse after a major heart attack 12 years ago. It smells but seems to work! ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #14
RhondaH

Smile As I say...

"A little dash will do ya" Take care and God bless.

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #15
AlaskaAngel

Well, I had HALF of it right....

I have been taking turmeric with my 2 tablespoons of freshly ground flaxseed in hot milk with stevia at bedtime for years now and have now added some this year to my morning oatmeal as well. I wish I could say I have been doing it because it absorbs better that way, but I didn't know. (I must have a very well-educated guardian angel.)

A.A.
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote