HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-02-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
janet/FL

Herceptin or the Flu?

I have been on weekly Herceptin for a few months. On February 20th, I decided to try the every three week dose. I felt fine. Gave a small party Frdiay and figured that I had over done when I started feeling tired. By the following the following Monday, last Monday, I began not to feel so good. Chills, whcih is not unusual for me. Now I have a mildly upset stomach and digestive track and feel kind of dizzy, woozy, tired. Could this be from Hercepitn over a week ago, or most likely some other bug? I just wonder cause if it is a bug, I don't want to expose others to it, if just Hercepting, then I will just keep on going.
Thanks
Janet
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
CherylS

Janet, I get these same symptoms from Herceptin every three weeks. It seems like they have gotten a little worse as time has gone on. I am nine months into twelve. My "woozy" feeling starts about day 2-3 and lasts up to a week. I don't really have naseau, just a non-descript "yuck" feeling, headache and some dizziness. Hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #3
Becky

I feel worse with the every 3 week versus weekly but it is only the next day and day after. I guess you won't know for sure until you get another treatment. If you feel the same it was the Herceptin. If not, it could still have been the big dose of Herceptin (that first 3 weeker) or something else.

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #4
janet/FL

Hello Cheryl and Becky
It is a struggle whether I root for the flu or for Herceptin causing the problem. I guess it is better that it is the flu. It isn't a severe flu just chills and feeling yucky. I think I just really pushed my self too hard and am paying for it. I was planning to take a short vacation this week and sure messed up getting sick. (Can't you hear the small violins playing? LOL) Since I didn't feel bad the first few days after the infusion, maybe I will try the every three weeks again.
Janet
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
Unregistered

I have a copy of the book, "The Making of Herceptin, a Revolutionary Treatment for Breast Cancer" by Robert Bazell and somewhere in the book I remember a discussion of how women with a positive reaction to herceptin have more symptoms following treatment than those, like myself perhaps (I hope not) who really feel very little. It is a very interesting book and I will try to find the quote....perhaps feeling flu-like is a good thing?!

Cathya
Old 03-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #6
Yorkiegirl

>>>>I have a copy of the book, "The Making of Herceptin, a Revolutionary Treatment for Breast Cancer" by Robert Bazell and somewhere in the book I remember a discussion of how women with a positive reaction to herceptin have more symptoms following treatment <<<<<HMMMM I think I will have to go back and re-read the book. I hope this is true as I have many reactions.

Vicki
Yorkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote