HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-01-2006, 08:37 AM   #1
RobinP

Anyone else with small invasive her2 + LVI and positive sentinel node

Just curious if anyone else has had a very small invasive her2+ bc and had positive lymphovascular invasion and a positive micromets in the first sentinel lymph node? Its hard to believe that my very small invasive cancer of 4mm did have Lymphovascular invasion with a positive node. However, it seems certain as I had the pathology checked several times by leading cancer centers. I guess thats what you get when you have er,pr negative bc, it forms blood vessels better and faster to feed the little nasty(s).

Whoops, just want to stress the positive node was a micrometastasis, not macro, detected by IHC.

PS. At least most of my breast tumor was 5cm of DCIS- pre-invasive or I probably wouldn't be here. LOL.

Last edited by RobinP; 03-01-2006 at 08:45 AM..
RobinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
Unregistered

Hi Robin,
You and I are very similar. I had 4.2cm DCIS and 7mm invasive tumor, but LV invasion and sentinnel node were clear. I did however have only 1 sentinnel node taken and that tested negative. I have often wondered if other nodes were positive. I have heard that micro to the node is often the result of mechanical displacement of cells by the surgeon during surgery.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #3
Mgarr

Wow. I am sorry to hear you say you wouldn't be here w/ any other diagnosis there are many women here with much more invasion than us.

I had 1st sentinel node w/ 4 mm spot as well. Not dissected correctly in O.R then I was back in surgery 10 days later w/ the rest of the nodes being clear.

Good luck.

Mary
Mgarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #4
RobinP

Unregistered I had heard recently at the SABC a micromet is prognostically significant and is not necessarily as a result of mechnical displacement of cells. I suppose if you lymphovascular invasion( LVI ) also that may be a sign of real metastasis in the node rather than mechanical displacement.

Last edited by RobinP; 03-01-2006 at 10:01 PM..
RobinP is offline   Reply With Quote