HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
sassy

Remember, I'm not "normal"

Several weeks ago I posted about having been hospitalized for five days for a staph infection at my mast site, when surgery was almost a year previous. (I am now officially a ONE YEAR SURVIVOR!) No one can figure out how I got the infection, surgeon, onc, me, nurses, no ideas. No one knows of this ever happening before. So now I am super paranoid about every little scratch etc. Have always been rather fastidious about hygiene and moisturizing, etc.

My question now concerns the pain at the mast site and radiated area that I continue to have as well as being basically exhausted most of the time. My white counts are good, my red counts are all down, but not to the point of anemia. Am still taking antibiotics because one area along surgical line seems warm, although I have no fever and white count is 6.5 to7. The pain at mast site seems to follow along the radiated area and feels somewhat like radiation pain, except under the skin only. Tightness and pulling etc. Sort of seems like I've gone back to pain I had after surgery and radiation. Could this be some type of radiation necrosis?

All combined have managed to make me feel pretty down. Every time I start to feel like I'm getting back to "normal" something else crops up. Thankfully, so far none has been recurrence--so that is a positive.

Any words of wisdom, advice or anything?

Sassy
________
Web Shows

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:41 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:30 AM   #2
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

I think the pain your are experienceing is nerve damage from the surgery. Mine felt like I had a string of Barb Wire around my chest and it would contract and then contract. I had a radical mastectomy and it was quite some time before I found out that I had surgical clips in my chest. A lady surgeon put me on a nerve blocker Epelim, this works but I found out last year that this particular drug impares some of the chemo drugs, the ones I had not so much luck with, Cyclosphomide, Taxanes so I have changed nerve blockers to Neurontin which seems to work as well but I have the Neurontin for my latest episode against my spine.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:49 AM   #3
sassy

Thank you for your reply Lyn, I'm about at my wits end with this. Going to radiologist Wednesday, maybe he can help.

Sassy
________
College Girls Cams

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:42 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote