HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
tammymarie1971

sometimes I've just had enough!

Hi Ladies, today today was treatment #4 (I think) can't believe I don't remember...but I will blame that on the ammonia circulating around...My tumor markers have come down from 324 to 250, but all my liver functions are horrible and there was a note made on my lab results that said WBC and platelets have toxic changes...I am tired of the diarraeh(sp), tired of this rash and tired of stomach aches...they did put in another stint in the liver on Tuesday so I am hoping that some of these toxins will drain...they also found a tumor in the stomach which they sent off for biopsy, I am tired of the swelling in my legs and I am tired of worrying that I am watching my body shut down before my very eyes. Today is day #1 without any steroids which I weaned off of very slowly..so I am TIRED...My reds and hemoglobin are quite low, so I got a unit of blood today...my potassium is also low as is my magnesium levels...I don't know how to help myself anymore...I am so tired of this crap some days, but then I tell myself this will pass and then I am ready to put the "gloves" back on...I just needed to vent again!!! My only goal right now is to make it to \June for my daugher's grade 12 grad...Prayers needed and very much appreciated...I also need help to get my blood back into shape!!The doc gave me potassium pill and wants me to take magnesium citrate...as for the red blood cells I know that red meat will help but isn't there a shot to take like there is for the whites?
Ok enough rambling, thank you for listening!
Tammy
Dx'd Dec'01 while 6mos preg. with #4. child (30yrsold)Mastectomy/AC chemo/radiation/ Recur:Mar'04 liver mets: 3 taxol/herceptin /liver resection/3 taxol/herceptin. Cured?
Recur: May'05 spine & Hip. New onc
treatment in Mexico Feb'06-Mar-06
back to Mexico June/July '06
Currently on herceptin/Zometa/Femara-recently added navelbine
Switched to arimidex Nov'06
ovaries removed June '07
ca15-3 in May'06 was 102
ca15-3 summer of '07 holding steady at 23!
ca15-3 slowly rising Dec & Jan 36, 38, 41 and Feb was 36
Feb '08 Liver, lung & Brain scan NED... bones are stable with even a couple spots gone. as compared with '06 scans
May '08 ca 15-3 is 55. Treatment is zometa, vinorelbine, herceptin and aromasin.
No signifcant changes.
Feb'09 Started Xeloda with herceptin..no more hormonals
Feb'09-June'09 tumor markers coming down again from 155 to 84
May'09 blood clots in lungs vena cava filter put in..Heparin shots daily for now.
tammymarie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
starwishn2

Re: sometimes I've just had enough!

Reading your signature - you have been through a lot. You have every right to get frustrated. I feel frustrated for you and think it's enough as well. I wish there was some magic pill we could all take and poof! this nasty disease would be gone.

Jeri
ITP playing nice
Diagnosed 3Jul2012 BC

2 cm - Grade 2 - Stage IIB
HER2+++

ER+/PR+
bilateral mastectomy 20Jul2012
Metastasized cancer found 1 lymph node
expanders placed during surgery
TCH chemo "cocktail" started 24Aug2012
every 3 weeks - 6 treatments
Herceptin - 18 treatments
LAST treatment Taxotere & Carboplatin 7Dec2012 -yay!
Continue with Herceptin 26Dec2012

Started Arimidex 01Jan2013 (for 5 years)
Surgery to remove expanders/reconstruction 18Jan2013
Infection in left breast from reconstruction/infection in most nails - SO many meds! 22Feb2013
Left implant not playing nice.... might need to remove and try again - blah! 04Apr2013
3Jul2013 - one year since diagnosis - booo cancer!

15Aug2013 LAST chemo infusion!! YIPPPEEE!!!
13Sep2013 2nd reconstructive surgery.. the FOOBs are looking good!

starwishn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
Paula O

I'm really sorry that you are going through all this rough stuff, Tammy.

(((Hugs))),

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
sarah

of course you're fed up, that's normal. get mad, rant as much as you like and then put those gloves back on and knock it dead!!! It's impossible to go throw this journey and not go through heavy emotional swings.
your kids are beautiful!
give yourself a big hug
hugs and love
sarah
Old 01-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
yanyan

Hi Tammy! I am sure you will make it to ur daughters 12th grade in June. You will be there for her and I will pray for you!!!
I am here in the airport waiting to board on my flight to honolulu wih my mom and yet I can't get my mind off the big c. I was just thinking to myself wondering when do I say enough is enough! Then when I felt like giving up, I thought about my young daughter my parents and my boyfriend-pp that are important to me- I was up again trying to keep a normal life. I am upset looking at my once nice and smooth face now dotted with tykerb rash and brown spots from damaged liver; my once upon a time two breasts now misshaped with expanders and scars...

The pain and torture shall all pass someday. I hope you will find peace and hope as treatment goes on. Once your blood counts are up you will be able to try new drug. Did u talk to ur doctor about using pertuzumab? A lady named Darlene was writing letters in her hospice in april is miraculously doing well after Genentech gave her access to this drug. She fought for it and it was on the news. Tdm1 might be approved in feb and we are really close to it!!! There are still many options there and I pray your body listens to your heart and may you be blessed with strength and courage to fight on.
BMX with immediate recontruction 5/2011 Lattismus Flap- Dx stage 3c 10/23 nodes
9/11 Radiation
3/12 Local recurrence to skin stage IV
Whole body scan CLEAR
4/12 Tykerb & Xeolda Skin mets slowly regressing
8/12 PET & Brain CT Clear
5/13 Skin mets progressing
6/13 PET scan chestwall recurrence in contralateral anxillary,internal mammary and ipsilateral subpectoral nodes
6/13 kadcyla
10/13 whole body scan -clear NED. previously resolved skin rash gone but 3 new lesions. Biopsy confirmed for skin recurrence
11/13 to 02/14 tykerb & herceptin
02/14 add abraxane/gemzar, 2 weeks on 1 week off at reduced dose
05/14 whole body PET clear/ brain CT clear but skin mets are getting worse, ready for new chemo
05/14 navelbine perjeta herceptin
07/14 skin mets progressing red rash worse
08/14 wide local excision with diep flap to close wound. Final path shows 2 positive margins showing inflammatory carcinoma Going back to surgery in 2 weeks
09/01/14 resection- clear margins
3 weeks after 2nd surgery, a new nodular rash found near drain incision with 2 small red spots behind the chest wall biopsy on 10/1. Positive for breast cancer
Radiation 11/2014 with xeloda then weekly cisplatin
11/14 brain MRI clean
12/14 finished 33 radiations burnt and very painful. Bedridden for 1 week
12/14 t current Herceptin and perjeta only
02/15 rash on upper back right side skin mets radiation planned
02/15 staring electron radiation *35
Stopped at 30 due to severe skin burn, resumed 10 days later
05/15 red patches appeared in between previously radiated area, skin mets. Ct and brain Mri clear. Simulation planned, radiation to start after trip to Alaska.
05/24 new spot identified in scar line on previously radiated reconstructed breast- electron on both side chest wall area and scar line
07/15 multiple skin and lung recurrence begin halaven
11/15 cough much better but very tired on halaven and starting to see some new red skin blotches-suspicious
11/15 heading to China for immune therapy
yanyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
BonnieR

Of course you are sick and tired of being sick and tired! You have earned every right to feel that way. You are in a vicious cycle where the treatment is making you feel even worse it seems. My situation was nothing like yours but I do remember days when fatigue owned me. Just owned me. I had to surrender to it and hope for better days. hopefully soon your blood counts will improve and toxicity be reduced. I'm not well versed in the medical aspects but I know that we have to keep hope alive and believe that it's not always going to be the way it is today. This will pass. Always keep the faith

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
LeahM

Sending prayers and hugs your way. Enough is enough...
Best wishes and hugs
Leah
May 10, 2012: BRCA 1,2 Negative
May 23, 2012: MUGA Scan EF 70%
May 31, 2012: B/L Mastectomy. 2/2 nodes removed and CLEAR!! Power Port placed. 2 Drains. 2 Expanders placed
June 5, 2012: Drains OUT! Ahhhh..
June 12, 2012: Final Pathology Report, .8x.3cm tumor. Micromets to 1 node .35mm under cytokeratin staining. Stage 2A. Onc says "you are lucky to have found this early"
July 10, 2012: Started 6 rounds of TCH with weekly H
Sept 5, 2012: MUGA 65%
Sept 20, 2012: CAT scan of brain clear!
Oct 23, 2012: LAST TC! AMEN! Continue Herceptin every three weeks until July 2013.
Nov 19, 2012: Port out!
Dec 5, 2012: Started radiation
Dec. 10, 2012: MUGA 65%
Dec. 13, 2012: Turned 40. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!
Jan 23, 2013: Last radiation. Told I am NED. Continue Herceptin every three weeks till July 2013.
Jan 29, 2013: Begin 5 years of Tamoxifen.
Feb 28, 2013: CT Scan with Contrast of lungs. 5mm and 4mm nodules of unknown origin. Rescan in 3 months.
Mar 6, 2013: EF 60%
May 8, 2013: Exanders out, implants implanted...abd. lipo and fat moved up. Girls are looking good!
June 3, 2013: CT Scan with Contrast of lungs. Previous nodules gone. New nodules (2mm and 3mm) found. Rescan in 3 months. So sorry I opened this can of worms...
June 11, 2013: EF 60%
June 25, 2013: Last Herceptin. wow...
Aug 20, 2013: Tumor markers within normal limits. Xray to sore left ribs shows no disease or fractures.
Sept 9, 2013: CT of lungs shows no disease. Closing this can of worms and moving on.
Nov 20, 2013: Tumor markers within normal limits. Severe Vit D deficiency, started on prescription Vit. D. Blaming chemo for this.
Feb 2014: Tumor markers within normal limits.
May 2014: Tumor markers within normal limits. Graduated to twice yearly onc appts.
Oct 2014: Tumor markers within normal limits.
May 2015: Tumor markers WNL. Bone density scan fine. Bone scan and xray of ribs shows "something" 4th right rib. Could be healed fracture but if it is healed why does it hurt?
Nov 2015: Tumor markers WNL. Follow up bone scan clear.
Feb 2016: Syncope! WTF? Dizzy too. Brain scan clear, ECHO EF 60%, Halter Monitor shows heart is fine. Viral? I will never know.
June 2016: Tumor markers WNL.
Oct 2016: Stabbing pain right eye. Long story short, trigeminal neuralgia.
Nov 2016 Brain MRI clear.
Jan 2017: Tumor markers WNL, still getting weird pain right rib area, and sometimes right upper chest. Xray x2, Bone Scan, Breast MRI all clear. Scar tissue? Rads. I may never know.
www.onmywaytosurvivorhood.blogspot.com
www.thechemobag.com
www.facebook.com/thechemobag
LeahM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
KsGal

Im so sorry ((hugs)). I know how you feel..You can't be the strong, warrior type 100% of the time, especially when you are dealing with these quality of life issues like the swelling, etc. Also, you mentioned this is your first day off the steroids, and I am pretty sure that can also make you depressed, tired, overwhelmed.
There is a shot to help increase red blood cell counts called Aranesp. I do not know if that is something that could work in your situation, but I do know that is a shot that is intended for that purpose, and it mentions on a google search using it with chemotherapy. Im not a doctor or a nurse, but maybe it is something you can ask your doctor about or someone else here will know about.
You can also help increase your red blood cell count by eating red meat, organ meat such as kidney and livers, beans, lentils, dark green leafy vegetables, such as spinach and kale, dried prunes, dried raisins and egg yolks, according to MedlinePlus.
Give it a few days out from your steroid withdrawal, and Im thinking you will feel a bunch better mentally and physically. Im going through steroid tapering right now, and it really is a hard road to travel. Im sending you lots of prayers and positive energy. Big hugs to you...hang in there.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #9
karen z

I know that I had shots for low red counts most months of chemo (only had the shot for white counts once). I am so sorry that this has to be so hard for you. Please let yourself be tired and get some rest and strength so are in a fighting mood again. Do you have any help (friends/family)? If not, can you possibly get some or more help? It also sounds like your doc and nurses should be communicating more. I think if a note is on a lab report it would be worthy of discussion- as in, what does that mean and what are we going to do about it? Please try and find a way to rest up, maybe get more help, and get and feel stronger. Again, I hate that you are going through this.
karen z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
'lizbeth

A natural way to build red blood cells is to take chlorophyll, or liquid chlorophyll. Also make sure you get plenty of the B vitamins.

Ask your doctor if Aranesp injections can help with the anemia. They are expensive, possible $2k per shot. They are an erythropoetin that is typically produced by the kidneys which stimulates the production of RBCs.

Red meat could help with the anemia, but with the liver challenges you have, I personally would lean toward fruits and vegetables. Especially Spinach, Kale and anything green. They naturally contain chlorophyll and the spinach has iron. Drink as much water as you can. If you can drink Penta water that would be better. It is filtered 11 times and won't have toxins to increase the burden on your systems. Otherwise, try Evian.

Do you have anyone that can treat with acupuncture? Meditate, even if you need a mantra. Pick the most negative thing that scares you. Change it to a positive and repeat it over and over, breathing deeply. Such as "I am healthy".

Have everyone you know pray for your recovery, including us!

Sending loves and good wishes.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #11
dchips1

don't forget to add tomato based sauces as well this helps use the iron from the other foods, vit c. They do make a natural anti diarrhea pill. It has Charcoal, Apple Pectin and Kaolin clay in it. It works wonderfully, but you have to watch what oral meds you take and space it out, because to charcoal will absorb it it will not work.

hang in there, I have my good days and bad days as well. To be able to rant, scream, cry, yell, to someone other than your closet caregivers(family) is very cathartic and therapeutic. because at that point your are not necessarily looking for a response from the "target" but a listening and love response back, and that it is okay. It makes you feel better by expressing yourself, and then tomorrow will be a better day, when you have reset your "stress or tolerance meter." You have embarked on a journey that is laced with so many harder than you thought you could ever do things, we do not chose this path, but it is here and Faith, Hope Love and support will help through the rocky paths. I pray that things go better for you once some of the steroid effects wear off.
3/07 6 brain mets WBR down to c-2
4/07 osteonecrosis jaw
1/08 mri new 9mm lesion right lower side
2/08 gamma knife 1 lesion 11/08 regamma
10/09 latent rad necrosis to brain met,
1/20/10 crani: lesion necrosis w active cells continue her add tykerb
1/11 NED just Ingrown toenail! YEAH GOD
8/11 Tykerb, herceptin weekly, elevated her2 levels, negative scans
oct -march 11 new neuro deficits lower legs
3/12 2 spinal metsTykerb, Herceptin
04/12 4050cGY rads T 2-4 & T7-9
5/12 Brain,cervical lumbar clear/thoracic slight decrease
10/12 t 2-4 shrunk t-9 grew start Xeloda, 02/13 stop xeloda,5/13 on metformin, decadron, Tykerb, iv and IT herceptin 5/30/13 total #11 #2 of 80mg dose weekly.
9/13 100mg of IT her, IV hern, 750 mg tykerb, 3mg dec.
last Mri T--3 SHRUNK t7-9 shrunk no edema. Left shift in CBC bone marrow BX negative.
10/13 Ct has shown Double left ureters with stones/cysts in them, after 3 births and lots and U/S iit takes cancer to figure out you have 2 smaller ureters going into 1 kidney!
12/13 Mri brain no new lesions, cervical and lumbar arthritis.
Tspine lesion at T3 stable, T 7-9 GROWTH lots of pain

1/29/14 HIHO HIHO its off to Neuro surgery I go

Life is Good when you wake up in the morning and take a breath and know that God has given me another day.

dchips1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #12
Joanne S

TammyMarie, With all you went through and are going through, It's Just NOT FAIR! You have been blessed with 4 beautiful children, but cursed with all the crap that goes along with this disease. I personally believe the mental torture we endure from all of this disease is the worst part and the physical changes just add to it. The emotional feelings sometimes seem impossible to bear and add steriods into the mix--- can feel so yucky, depressed and devastated. Some days it feels like a losing battle. TammyMarie, All I can say is I'm so very sorry you have to go through this! My heart feels for you! I pray for some prompt relief for you , as well as, continued improvement and wellness for you!
Embracing you with big caring hugs, Joanne

All of you ladies before me write and express yourselves so eloquently, give great advice, share hope and love! I wish I could find half the words to express myself half as well. You are great--I appreciate you and wish you well.
Feb12,2007...Surg MRM Left & SM Right, reconstruct w/expanders
Mar07-Jun07...Saline Exp
Jun07...Start Tamoxifen
Jun07-Aug07...Rad x 25
Jun07-Oct07...Persistent fevers-unknown origin
Jun07-Nov07...PT for Severe PMPS & Capsular Contracture
Nov07...Surg Capsulectomy, Gel Implants, PMPS pain gone instantly.
Feb08...NED 1st CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Feb08...2 months post surgery Caps Cont again :(
Mar08...Stop Tamoxifen. Start Arimidex.
Apr08...Sudden high fever, Hosp ICU 10 days, staph infect, emerg surg, implants removed. Outpt IVantibiotics Daily x 6 weeks
Feb11...NED 5th CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Feb12...NED 6th CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Aug12...Spotting. Surg=D&C
Sep12...STAGE IV = RARE BC METS TO UTERUS ILC ER+/PR+/HER2-Negative) (Different BC than originally diagnosed = IDC ER+/PR+/HER2+).
Sep12...Stop Arimidex. Start Afinitor & Aromasin.
Jan13...MRI = no progression no reduction
Apr13...Progression. Stop Afinitor & Aromasin.
Apr13...Start Chemo: Taxol & Carboplatin.
Nov13...Scans & Pelvic 95+% Reduction. Nueropathy>Stop chemo start Fareston.
Jan14...PET scan = no progression stable.
May14...Pelvic > Bleeding & cramps. TMs up.
May14...PET scan = uterine progression :(
May14...Stop Fareston. Start Chemo: Xeloda.

Joanne S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #13
tammymarie1971

Ladies, I am so blessed to have you in my life.. Thank you for your wisdom and loving support..I will definetly (sp) be trying some of your suggestions!
Thanks again,
Tammy
Dx'd Dec'01 while 6mos preg. with #4. child (30yrsold)Mastectomy/AC chemo/radiation/ Recur:Mar'04 liver mets: 3 taxol/herceptin /liver resection/3 taxol/herceptin. Cured?
Recur: May'05 spine & Hip. New onc
treatment in Mexico Feb'06-Mar-06
back to Mexico June/July '06
Currently on herceptin/Zometa/Femara-recently added navelbine
Switched to arimidex Nov'06
ovaries removed June '07
ca15-3 in May'06 was 102
ca15-3 summer of '07 holding steady at 23!
ca15-3 slowly rising Dec & Jan 36, 38, 41 and Feb was 36
Feb '08 Liver, lung & Brain scan NED... bones are stable with even a couple spots gone. as compared with '06 scans
May '08 ca 15-3 is 55. Treatment is zometa, vinorelbine, herceptin and aromasin.
No signifcant changes.
Feb'09 Started Xeloda with herceptin..no more hormonals
Feb'09-June'09 tumor markers coming down again from 155 to 84
May'09 blood clots in lungs vena cava filter put in..Heparin shots daily for now.
tammymarie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:49 AM   #14
Jackie07

Tammy,

Below is the abstract of a recent article about boosting red blood cells... [Your oncologist probably knows more about what's available - this is just one of the abstracts I found via PubMed search using 'Chemotherapy and anemia'.]

Curr Med Res Opin. 2013 Jan 16. [Epub ahead of print]
Chemotherapy-Induced Anemia: The Story of Darbepoetin Alfa.

Vansteenkiste J, Wauters I, Elliott S, Glaspy J, Hedenus M.
Abstract

Abstract BACKGROUND: Prior to the approval of the first erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA) in the early 1990s, red blood cell transfusions were the primary means of treating severe chemotherapy-induced anemia (CIA), with little recourse for those with more mild forms of the condition. The introduction of the ESAs allowed treatment of mild-to-moderate CIA in patients with cancer. It has been a decade since darbepoetin alfa (DA), a second-generation ESA with a longer half-life, became available to patients with CIA.
OBJECTIVE AND METHODS:

We present a review of studies on DA in CIA, from its development through to the present day. Medline was searched for randomized clinical trials on DA. Additional trials and meta-analyses on ESAs were incorporated into this review when relevant.
RESULTS:

The first publications on DA generally focused on optimal dosing, efficacy and tolerability. In these, it was shown that DA is an effective and well tolerated treatment option to achieve hematopoietic response, regardless of dosing interval. Subsequently, the focus shifted towards meta-analyses on survival data of all ESAs. These reported conflicting results regarding mortality and/or disease progression. However, guidelines for ESA use were updated and, when followed, these make ESAs a well-tolerated and effective tool for managing CIA.
CONCLUSIONS:

As the past decade has broadened our knowledge on the benefits and risks of CIA management, continued high-quality studies will help to optimize treatment with ESAs in order to maximize quality of life for these patients. The limitation of a literature review of this nature is the complete reliance on previously published research and the availability of these studies using the methodology outlined above.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #15
chrisy

Tammy,
You sound sick and tired (although maybe not so much today as when you opened this thread). You're entitled to, but also entitled to put the gloves back on and say "skrue you cancer". I am winning...not you. This is what I'm reading in your second post - still tired but gloves coming back on.

Lots of good suggestions. I ain't certified to give any advice of any kind of course, but I have recently read several articles about "green" I.e. chlorophyll helping RBC. I've been struggling a bit with that since last fall myself. I've been trying ( when I'm not too tired) to get green juices or make my green soup (celery, green beans, zucchini, parsley and whatever else green that falls into the pot or blender) and when I do, it seems to help. Occasionally I will toss a little "green powder" in something.

The most interesting thing I read was something along the lines of chlorophyll having a nearly identical composition to blood. I guess there's at least one difference which accounts for us not having green blood like Vulcans...or the Wicked witch of the west. Forget that last sentence, I shouldn't be allowed out or online on day 11 of a chemo cycle

but for me it has seemed to coincide with better hemoglobin and platelet numbers.

Any step you can take to feel a little better will also make you feel stronger. One step at a time.

Take care, my friend
Chris
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #16
tricia keegan

Holding you in my thoughts and prayers Tammy!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:02 AM   #17
Pray

Tammy, I too am so sorry you are having such a tough time. I am praying ever so hard for you to get some good news soon. Gods blessings to you. Peace my friend.
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #18
linn65

Your not alone sometimes I feel like Rocky getting beat up.....and somehow getting back up! It is a constant mind, body, and spirit fight of your life! Today I hope you get back up and have a better day! Those gawd awful rough days are hmmmmm suck putting it mildly. On a good note it is Friday.
7/20/12 biopsy done. ER+ 30 PR -, HER+++,k167 80% Grade 2
9/2012 biopsy on lymph node - showed malignant

9/2012 Pre-adjunctive TCH chemo.

12/6/12 MRI after Pre-adj.
Results: Modest Decrease in size of left breast malignancy As well as the associated satellite lesions and auxiliary Adenopathy compared to prior study. Doctors hoped for better but good response it didn't grow.

12/18/2012 left masectomy with axillary nodes
Size 3.2 CM, Nottingham score 9/9
Grade 3, no evidence of in situ carcinoma
Areas of angiolymphatic are identified
Carcinoma is 0.5 cm from inked deep
Margin of excision
Attached axillary lymph nodes: metastatic
Carcinoma in 6 of 8 nodes.
Size of largest node 1.5 cm
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

2/27/13 6 weeks of IMRT radiation finished

2/2013 Started on Tamoxifan 5 years.

8/2013 will take last Herceptin, 17 treatments total every 3 weeks.

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

August 28, 2013 DIEP flap on the left breast.
February 2014 Nip & Tuck
March 14, 2014 nipple reconstruction and removed port.
August 14, 2014 lump in lymph nodes under arm and above clavicle. Stage IV
August 28, 2014 herceptin And projeta starting and port put back in.

3/18/15 stopped arimidex.
3/18/15 progression....Tdm1
linn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #19
KsGal

Tammy...Just checking in, how are you feeling? Big hugs to you!
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #20
Joanne S

Tammy, I'm thinking of you too! Let us know how you're doing. Hugs, Jo
Attached Images

Feb12,2007...Surg MRM Left & SM Right, reconstruct w/expanders
Mar07-Jun07...Saline Exp
Jun07...Start Tamoxifen
Jun07-Aug07...Rad x 25
Jun07-Oct07...Persistent fevers-unknown origin
Jun07-Nov07...PT for Severe PMPS & Capsular Contracture
Nov07...Surg Capsulectomy, Gel Implants, PMPS pain gone instantly.
Feb08...NED 1st CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Feb08...2 months post surgery Caps Cont again :(
Mar08...Stop Tamoxifen. Start Arimidex.
Apr08...Sudden high fever, Hosp ICU 10 days, staph infect, emerg surg, implants removed. Outpt IVantibiotics Daily x 6 weeks
Feb11...NED 5th CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Feb12...NED 6th CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Aug12...Spotting. Surg=D&C
Sep12...STAGE IV = RARE BC METS TO UTERUS ILC ER+/PR+/HER2-Negative) (Different BC than originally diagnosed = IDC ER+/PR+/HER2+).
Sep12...Stop Arimidex. Start Afinitor & Aromasin.
Jan13...MRI = no progression no reduction
Apr13...Progression. Stop Afinitor & Aromasin.
Apr13...Start Chemo: Taxol & Carboplatin.
Nov13...Scans & Pelvic 95+% Reduction. Nueropathy>Stop chemo start Fareston.
Jan14...PET scan = no progression stable.
May14...Pelvic > Bleeding & cramps. TMs up.
May14...PET scan = uterine progression :(
May14...Stop Fareston. Start Chemo: Xeloda.

Joanne S is offline   Reply With Quote