HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-14-2004, 06:53 AM   #1
kelly

im wondering how many people out there have mets- from bc - how long ago did you first find the mets- and where are they - and your current treatment? just looking for some encouragement!
Old 01-14-2004, 07:16 AM   #2
Kathie in NJ

First dx'd in Jan.2001- Occult primary tumor. Did not find it in the breast but in the armpit. Stage IV. Jan.2002- mets to brain, craniotomy and WBR, Jan 2003- recurrence of lymph nodes in chest and met to rib and femur. I am now on Herceptin and Femara and hope this will help if not I will be back on chemo in Feb. They say three times the charm.
Kathie
Old 01-14-2004, 07:38 AM   #3
pam

1st dx 6/01; ibc, 12 + nodes, er+; her2+. dx bone mets 9/02, femara failed; 6 months taxotere & herceptin; followed by 6 months faslodex. Faslodex not working just started chemo again, navelbine & herceptin. It's been 2 1/2 yrs; I also am looking for encouragement -- want to know that there's hope for long term survival, not just a count down to continued progression.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:02 AM   #4
Lolly

Dx. 09/99 Stage IIIB - Dx. mets to lymph and skin 01/01. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly 6 months, NED 08/01. Herceptin mono therapy since, still NED.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:26 AM   #5
Sheila

First Diagnosed Feb/02, all nodes neg, L Mastectomy, 0.7cm invasive ductal, no treatment given. Sept/03, mets to the supraclavicular nodes and the left armpit. All scans were Neg. Started Herceptin every 3 weeks and it seems to be working. Lymph Nodes are barely palpable, I am tired but otherwise feel great. New scans in March will tell. Good Luck and BE POSITIVE!!!!
Old 01-15-2004, 12:57 AM   #6
eleanor

First dx 1/00, stage 2b, 5 out of 10 positive nodes. Dx 4/02 with bone mets. Tax/carb/herceptin. PET scan, bone scan and MRI clear in 4/03, started gemzar/herceptin (due to reaction to tax/carb). Pronounced NED in 10/03. Latest scans (CT, Bone, MRI) showing NED. Off herceptin again due to heart reaction, so right now I'm flying solo until I can get off the steroids. Keeping fingers crossed.
el