HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2013, 05:36 PM   #13
NEDenise

Re: NEDenise Downer Alert!

Friends,
Once again, I don't know how I'd cope without you all!
First, Lien - I do feel better after I eat... the effect is almost instantaneous.
Rhonda - my memory, comprehension, and thinking are definitely being affected.

I so appreciate the fact that you all think this has to be figured out quickly "because I deserve it!" Thanks you guys!

So... today I went downtown for my regular Herceptin infusion.
But... for the first time in well over a year, I felt so terrible today that not only couldn't I drive myself... I wasn't even able to walk steadily enough not to fall down. It made me feel sad, sick and dependent. NOT feelings I like.
Fortunately my WONDERFUL husband dropped everything (as he is always willing to do) and became my caretaker.

Apparently, now my malady options are...
~minor heart failure... so no Herceptin for me till we get a new echo next week.
~progression of 'disease' into my cerebro spinal fluid... so no peace of mind for me until after a lumbar puncture next week.
~systemic infection... all kinds of blood cultures sent out today.
~cortisol/adrenal/thyroid problems... more blood and urine samples sent out today.

They've also pushed my restaging CTs up 2 months... just to be sure something isn't going on inside that no one noticed yet.

They actually wanted to admit me today for all these tests! But seriously... tomorrow's Friday. I don't want to be stranded there all weekend because they couldn't get everything done tomorrow. So I declined with the understanding that if the symptoms got worse, or anything new popped up... I'd go right to their ER.

Thanks again everybody! Oh! and Caroline - I'll definitely be calling to pick your brain! Just as soon as I can stay awake and feel human enough to chat.
And, Andi... you know I'm hanging on! It's just so hard when I feel so blechy all the time.
Please keep the prayers storming heaven!
Love,
Denise
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote