HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #21
lexigirl

Re: ~This Sounds So Terrible Of Me, Please Forgive Me

Marie,

I have no words, but wish I was there to give you a hug and a hand.

Praying for you and Ed now.

Lexi
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #22
flynny

Hi Marie,

I know its been awhile since I've last posted, but I do come on here and try to get updates about the Mighty Oak as well as everyone else, but you have been on my mind a lot!!

Oh gosh, I do know what you are going through all too well and I am so sorry that you have to deal with this right now or EVER. Especially since you lost your mother-in-law not to long ago. It isn't easy watching the person you love suffer. I pray that whatever the outcome is that it is peaceful and quick for his sake as well as yours. Death is not an easy thing to watch but know that you we are all here for you and it's OK to yell in your car, scream hysterically or just curse when you need to. Venting gets me through those days and I am now sending you a big cyber hug!!!

Lots of Love to you!

Jan '07 felt lump (PCP "thought" it was a cyst)
Nov '07 "bloody nipple discharge" (OB-GYN "thought" I had fibrocystic breasts and told me to take 400 IU's of Vitamin E)
Note: Mother was dx w/BC in 2004 (ER/PR+ & HER2+) & mets to brain April 2007 (she passed away June 17, 2008)
2/1/08: Biopsy Dx: DCIS (age 34)
2/22/08: Surgery R-side Mast
2/28/08: 1st Path Rpt Dx: IDC 1.8cm tumor & DCIS 2.1cm
2nd Path Rep DFCI - IDC (0.9cm) & DCIS (2.1cm)
Stage 1b/Gr 3; ER+(5%), PR+(2%), HER-2+++
5/5 nodes NEG; Clear Margins
Chemo: AC 4 rnds (1st one 3/31/08) finished 6/2/08
TH (Taxol/Hercepin) 12 weeks (1st one 6/25/08) finished 9/8/08
Herceptin 9 mos (every 3 weeks) finished 6/8/09
BRCA 1/2 NEG
Bio: Age 39, married to James 1999, 2 boys 12 & 10 yo
flynny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #23
ElaineM

Wink Re: ~This Sounds So Terrible Of Me, Please Forgive Me

Maybe both you and Mighty Oak need a little extra help to get you both through this. Mighty Oak wants to live.
He certainly needs all the support and medical help he can get to accomplish his goals.
You need some caregiver support. It is normal for caregivers to get a little tired and overwhelmed. There must be an organization in your area you can tap into for that---------an organization that gives caregivers a little respite. Maybe there is an organization that can provide help for Mighty Oak for a day, so you can take a day off to do whatever you want to do or need to do for yourself. Maybe the American Cancer Society can point you in the right direction.
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #24
ammebarb

Dearest Marie, my love to you and Ed during this most stressful time. I remember thinking the exact same things when my Dad was in last stages of brain cancer. We just don't want to see those we love endure the weakness and pain. We have trouble enduring personally too.....only human. I'm wishing you comfort and peace, Marie and the sure knowledge that your family here is enfolding you with love.

Barb A.
ammebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #25
Jaimieh

Marie~ Your post says so much about the love you feel for Mighty oak. You are far from being selfish or unloving you have been nothing but supportive and loving to him. I hope you both get some relief soon. Just know that it is okay to come here and speak your mind.
no angiolympathic invasion

Bi-Lat. Mast. 1/8/09
Exchange scheduled for 6/17/09
Lost implants due to unknown reason :(

Hip Flap 1/26/2010 in NOLA :) LOVE EM'

TCH x6 (6 done and I am hoping to never do it again )

Well so much for never...
Local recurrence May 25,2014 is left over breast tissue.
April 2 , 2014 lumpectomy
April 28, 2014- June 9, 2014 start AC x 4
Taxol x12
Perjeta x 6
Herceptin x 18
And 33 rads just for fun. NOT!!!
Jaimieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #26
juanita

oh marie my heart goes out to you! you mean so much to me it's hard to see you feeling like this. i'll say an extra prayer for you and send lots of hugs your way!
1 yr herceptin,
juanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #27
Paty

Dear Marie,

I understand how you feel and I know how exhausting is to be a caregiver. I am very greatful that you can come to us and have the confidence to let your emotions out. Please know that we understand you and love you. We hope that tomorrow will be a better morning, whatever it brings.

Love you,

Paty
ER-PR+,her2+++
6 FAC
32 Rads
Dx. Lung fibrosis due to radiation
Ended 1 year herceptin in March, 2008
Paty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:16 AM   #28
hutchibk

I love you. And Ed. You know.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:55 AM   #29
Sheila

Marie
Lean on us...this is a difficult time, one that would tax the strength of even the strongest of persons....the job of a caregiver is neverending and quite overwhelming at times. Is there any way you can get a respite break....i feel it would help you find yourself again in these very difficult times you are going through. We are here for you!

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:08 AM   #30
Joan M

Marie,

That your love for Ed is strong is evident, but his suffering is difficult, not only for him but for you because you love him.

It's okay to have mixed feelings. It's normal. Everybody does. Ed's cancer has been a hugh strain on you. Getting the assistance of a hospice nurse is good. The both of you will get more help.

Joan
Diagnosed stage 2b in July 2003 (2.3 cm, HER2+, ER-/PR-, 7+ nodes). Treated with mastectomy (with immediate DIEP flap reconstruction), AC + T/Herceptin (off label). Cancer advanced to lung in Jan. 2007 (1 cm nodule). Started Herceptin every 3 weeks. Lung wedge resection April 2007. Cancer recurred in lung April 2008. RFA of lung in August 2008. 2nd annual brain MRI in Oct. 2008 discovered 2.6 cm cystic tumor in left frontal lobe. Craniotomy Oct. 2008 (ER-/PR-/HER2-) followed by targeted radiation (IMRT). Coughing up blood Feb. 2009. Thoractomy July 2009 to cut out fungal ball of common soil fungus (aspergillus) that grew in the RFA cavity (most likely inhaled while gardening). No cancer, only fungus. Removal of tiny melanoma from upper left arm, plus sentinel lymph node biopsy in Feb. 2016. Guardant Health liquid biopsy in Feb. 2016 showed mutations in 4 subtypes of TP53. Repeat of Guardant Health biopsy in Jana. 2021 showed 3 TP53 mutations, BRCA1 mutation and CHEK2 mutation. Invitae genetic testing showed negative for all of these. Living with MBC since 2007. Stopped Herceptin Hylecta (injection) treatment in March 2020. Recent 2021 annual CT of chest, abdomen and pelvis and annual brain MRI showed NED. Praying for NED forever!!
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:57 AM   #31
Colleens_Husband

Marie:

What you said is nothing but compassionate. I don't think anyone wants to have a loved one suffer. He is the Mighty Oak after all and that is how he should be thought of and remembered.

Marie, I think it is time that you get some help for yourself. You have done a remarkable job caring for Ed, and as a fellow caregiver, I am amazed at your strength and courage, and I hope I if I were in your shoes, I could meet your incredibly high standards. But you are only a human and you need care and maintenance as well. I think you may want to explore talking to a cancer counseling center. They may be able to help you take care of yourself so you can continue providing such excellent care to Ed.

Marie, please know that you are in our hearts and in our prayers. I know you are on a long and difficult journey, but it is a journey you will have the strength and courage to complete. Marie, please take excellent care of yourself.

Lee

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold
Colleens_Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #32
freyja

Dearest Marie,
I know this is just excruciating for you now. Thank you for being honest with us and with yourself about it. That's very healthy. I'd be more worried about you if you didn't say things like that. I know Ed probably has exactly the same thoughts at times, too. I also know he hates that you have to go through this and he wants you to have your life back, but really doesn't want to leave you, and feels torn and confused. I GREATLY admire both of your powerful wills to live. You are both so brave and strong! Shows how strong your love for each other is. Your love affair with Ed is legendary. Get as much help as you can so you can recharge that energy. It would make both of you feel better. He'll be ok with someone else in charge of him for a little while. Taking care of yourself is not selfish.
We are all here for you during this very tough time. Would you please PM me your address so I can send you some love?
Love, Celeste

"Dancers Against Cancer" in the Eugene, OR Komen Race for the Cure 2010
Diagnosed 8/7/08 with stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, micropapillary pattern, Her2 3+, ER+,PR-, grade II, positive lymph nodes.
Received 6doses of Taxotere, Carboplatin with Herceptin continuing for a year...DONE.
1/28/09 Left Modified Radical Mastectomy, Right Simple Mastectomy.
Surgery pathology: No invasive carcinoma present and 17 lymph nodes removed all negative! Only small amount of carcinoma in situ in left breast.
March/April '09, Radiation to left chest wall.
Currently involved in Neratinib clinical trial.

"Well being I won
and wisdom too,
I grew and joyed in my growth;
from a word to a word
I was led to a word
from a deed to another deed." (Odin)

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #33
suzan w

Dear Marie and Ed...my heart is breaking with everyone else's. We are all family, and when one of us suffers, we all suffer. When you share your pain and innermost feelings, we all try to help by shouldering al little bit of it for you. And most importantly, I, as family, appreciate your honesty at a time like this. Love=honesty and honesty=love. Love, Suzan
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #34
Patb

I think of you daily and how it must be to see
him suffer. You have done so much, so I also
believe help of some kind would give you a break
and let you rest. My prayers and thoughts are
with you as always.
patb

Diagnosed June, 06, Stage I, Grade3, ER+PR- Her2positive, No Nodes. A/C X 4. Radiation 33 with boost, Herceptin every two weeks until Nov.
07, Arimedex for 5 years. Mugas and Echo and chest xRay. Bone scan of whole Body, and Back of Brain and spine MRI.
CT scan of Lungs every six months
due to two small places. December
2009, bone scan due to bone pain.
Follow up test in 2010.
Patb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #35
charlotte

Marie you have given me comfort at times when I needed them. Please try to rest Not trying to be glib about this, but you and mighty oak know you are loved .. also you are a very giving person.. Even through your pain , I see where you have reached out to folks ... Please take care, and I am sending up prayers as well..
much love... Charlotte
charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #36
'lizbeth

Marie,

I hope that hospice can give the help and the rest you need to support the Mighty Oak in this terribly difficult time. I can only imagine how difficult it is for Ed, he must love you so much and you have been a mighty oak for him during this wretched illness.

Continued prayers for you both,

'lizbeth

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #37
Sherryg683

You have been one of the best caregivers I have ever known. And I know you will continue to be, but you are tired and hurting. Watching my brother go downhill was exhausting emotionally and I wasn't even with him every day. My mother was his primary caregiver and she pretty much had a nervous breakdown, she became an angry, spiteful woman to my brother. But it was so hard on her to watch her son die. You need a break, you need help. We know how much you love Ed and it's not wrong to want to see him not suffer. As I sat by my brother a few hours before he died, I prayed for God to please take him, he had suffered so much and had no fight left. I would never have wanted my brother to die if there was hope. Sometimes we have to just let go....We love you girl..sherryg

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #38
Laurel

Loving Marie,

You are just letting go. It is a very natural human response and a way of preparing yourself for what appears to be looming on the horizon. I hear a woman releasing her best friend into the next life, not because she wants him to leave her, but because he has fought the good fight and now his body is weary. You are looking into that cloudy future that seems dismal, gray, empty, and lonely. While it is frightening you instinctively know it must be faced to reach a new dawn. This is all a natural part of grieving. I hear a woman who is reaching the end of a long good-bye, not by choice but by the callous circumstance of cancer. Guilt, anger, and despair are all common emotions in life's darkest moments.

None of these feelings mean you have given up hoping, praying for a miracle.

Whatever befalls you in these next few weeks I know you will meet every new challenge with the dignity and grace that defines you, Marie. I also know that you will go on, because you must...for Ed.

And we will all be right here for you come what may....

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #39
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE

Thank you all for your unconditional love and understanding, this post has sparked new thoughts for the road ahead. I know whatever may come, relief is soon to follow. I look forward with dread to move on into the future. Bittersweet. But I have so many that love me and will help to guide me back to the laughter and color that once was my life. I miss my old life but I miss the old Marie even more. I am in a cocoon right now but there will be a day I am a butterfly......and I know all whom love me will be there when I morph.>>Marie
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:01 AM   #40
hermiracles

Dear Marie ~ you have every right to feel what you feel and to express it amongst people that love and care about you and Ed. Is there any chance you can get some respite care?
Surrounding you both with love and prayers.
Blessings
Hermiracles
09/07 Stage 2 bilat. mastectomy R/ b. clear extens DCIS/IDC Paget’s 8 nodes clear ER(<5%) HER2+++ CT clear
11/07 Portacath - FEC
15/11/07 Stage 4 Emerg op - hip replacemt #NOF bone mets H/Taxotere
12/07 Rx to 'spots' on spine/R/hip/femur 3wkly H
2008 H+T mets to rib/sternum? Aredia CT clear! Cont. H + Aredia 07/08 1 wk Palliative Care - mets to lungs + ?1 to brain
09/08 Stop H complete Epirubicin 1wk PC new brain mets
10/08 2wks WBR 1wk PC 22/10/08 Tykerb/Xeloda 12/08 6 CEREBRAL METS COMPLETELY GONE! Rib mets down to <1cm.
01/09 Tumour markers normal! Rx to L/arm
03/09 LUNGS CLEAR (ALL NODULES GONE!), brain clear, liver clear. Bones stable! ~ THANK YOU GOD
07/09 Repeat CT Scan ~ ALL organs clear apart from bones which remain stable. I walk in gratitude.
hermiracles is offline   Reply With Quote