HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-03-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
Olivia

Too young

My dear friend Lisa passed away from the beast this weekend.

I bring this to the forum because she was misdiagnosed for 10 months and told to wait....and watch because she was 32 and too young for bc.

I am a part of ysc and a support group for women under 40 called "Breast Friends". So many of my young friends have been told to wait because of their age ........

If you would like to read about Lisa's journey - she has an online journal at www.lisawillsurvive.com

Olivia
Olivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:50 AM   #2
Cathya

Olivia;

Lisa's story is truly a tragedy and sadly one I have heard of before. Awareness of breast cancer as a real risk for young women must become a focus of attention now! My sincere sympathy to you and Lisa's family.....and of course Lisa.

Cathy
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
Ann

Olivia,

I read part of Lisa's journal and it was tough to read. She was a positive woman despite the circumstances. My sympathy to her family and friends.

I do not understand why some in the medical field still believe that young women are immune to breast cancer. This has to change.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
tricia keegan

Olivia I have just read Lisa's journal which is pretty heartbreaking.I felt I got to know her a little from her entries and what really stands out is her courage throughout.My sincere sympathies to you and all her family and will say a prayer for Lisa.
Tricia
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
karenann

Olivia,

I am so sorry. I could tell by reading her journal that she had a turly beautiful spirit.

I am sending you and her family hugs and prayers.

Karen
karenann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
al from Canada

Dear Olivia,
This story is far too cose to my heart. The only difference being that Lisa was younger than Linda; I started reading but I found the journal far too painfull to read at this time, but I will read it some time in the future.

Please pass my condolences to her husband Bill. As well, please pass a message to Bill that he can contact me through the support group (e-mail) if he wishes; as I have found that their are virutally no support systems in place for the other casualties of this evil disease.

I'm sorry you have lost your dear friend,
Al
Old 05-03-2006, 04:28 PM   #7
Sandy H

Al that was very sweet, kind and compassionate of you to post at this time as I know you are hurting for your loss but I can see you will be a great supporter for those that have lost loved ones or going through this journey. We are so blessed to have you on this board. hugs, Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:52 AM   #8
kristen

Dear Olivia,

I agree, it is way toooo young. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend Lisa and in reading her journal, she had a wonderful life that was cut way to short. My condolences to her husband and her children. This disease cuts too many womens life to short at any age. I have been on YSC and have been astonded at how many women's dx was delayed because they were too young to have BC. One thing we all have in common is that 99% of us are all women and doctors need to take each and every lump, bump, redness, swelling serious no matter what age. I am again, so very sorry for your loss.
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote