HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #41
oregon

Re: 32 year old w/ HER2+++/Mitral Valve Prolapse & Herceptin???

Hi Jean,

I have a quick question. I am nearing the end of my Herceptin treatments. I was ER+ 95%, Pro-, and HER 2 positive. I was reading a post of yours from I believe July 2010, and where you mentioned the statistics surrounding your diagnosis, you said "HER2 +++ by FISH". What does this mean? I've seen it before and even called by breast surgeon and they didn't know what I was talking about. They again mentioned that I was HER2 positive, but didn't seem to know what "+++ by FISH" is. Can you clarify this for me?

Thank you so much.
Terri
oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #42
KsGal

Re: 32 year old w/ HER2+++/Mitral Valve Prolapse & Herceptin???

I just read this whole thread, and please tell your wife what an inspiration she is to me, and how much hope she gives me. I am in a very similar boat, being stage IV pretty much right from the start with a single liver met. Ive only had 3 herceptins and 1 tch so far. I've been a bit down lately (reading statistics on the internet...my doctor keeps saying to put down the damned laptop..lol). It just makes my whole heart happy to read this thread and to see the results. What a blessing, and I am so thrilled for you. Thank you for sharing this with everyone.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
her2, herceptin, mitraval valve prolapse