HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 11-29-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
ellen

Tykerb, liver enzymes update

Hello All,

This is an update on my liver enzymes for all of you on Tykerb although I feel like I am the only one having this problem. My alt and ast numbers continued to rise to the high 200’s so the dr. took me off tykerb. I had been on six pills a day since June 21 (every day). I stopped the pills on Nov 3. After 17 days my ast and alt dropped over 100 points so I went back on 4 pills. One week later my numbers doubled. Dr. also sent me to gastro dr. who checked for all liver diseases, negative, and had a sono, also appears negative.

Dr. is keeping me on the four pills for one more week because I will be having a ct and pet next week. I am in a trial with avastin and I have been doing very well except for this liver thing which has hit me like a ton of bricks out of the blue. I feel fine, no other symptoms, and my liver enzymes had also been fine until about Oct 10 when they went crazy, fast. I need to stay on this drug as it is helping big time!

I continue with Avastin, reduced tykerb, and hope for the best. Everyone seems to think it is the tykerb which is causing the problems because my blood tests respond according to dosage. My other liver panel tests are normal. I pray I do not have liver mets and that somehow I can stay in this trial. My tumor markers are good.

I have been on far too many toxic chemos that they are no longer an option for me. If anyone else is having this problem with tykerb I would love to hear from you. There is very little information regarding the liver and Tykerb. Discreet references seem to be made regarding ast and alt but that’s it. The drug is still too new so I am hoping to bring this issue to light. Thank you for listening to me. Ellen
ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
Becca

Ellen, sorry you are having this liver enzyme problem. Hope your dr. can get this worked out for you. It is a frustrating situation--you are doing well on the Tykerb, but having this side effect. I have had many side effects from T/X, but so far, not the problem you are dealing with. Wish I could help you. Thinking and praying for you. Becca
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote