HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
sasha

herceptin/abraxane questions

my sister has stage IV breast cancer severely metastasized to both lungs i have been tryin to find her some info for her illness because she doesnt have a computer. the doctor gave her arimadex but the cancer growed so he gave her a shot of faslodex she just had her port put in is scheduled to talk to doctor about chemo treatments next week what are some options that she can try? me and her have talked alot about herceptin and abraxane can these two drugs be taken at the same time and if so what are some side effects she may encounter if this is a possible treatment for her. her cancer is 90+ projestren and 90+ estrogen postive slightly her2 postive any info would greatly be appreciated
thank you
sasha
sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
Susan2

Herceptin / Abraxane is the next combo that they are trying on me. My tumor markers tests tripled in 2 months. My tumor marker tests have been very reliable in the past. Scans are tomorrow.

I have no personal knowledge of the side effects since I have not begun treatment. However, if you do a search on the website for Abraxane, several posts discuss the side effects.
Susan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
ElaineM

herceptin/abraxane questions

The possible side effects of each drug can be found at www. herceptin.com and www.abraxane.com.
Good luck with the treatment. Sounds like a good combo to me, but I am just a lay person, not a doctor. The doctor or the chemo nurses may have some literature or personal knowledge to share with you.
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:28 AM   #4
Sheila

Sasha
You can go to
www. chemocare.com
and look up side effects on almost any chemo med....

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
sasha

new update on my sister

i haven't posted for awhile i take care of my dad and he just resently got out of the hospital so i thought i would update you on my sister her doctors started her on abraxane but after a couple of months the scans showed her cancer cells had grown so now she is on faslodex after the first shot of faslodex the scan showed one of the cells had shrunk almost a whole centimeter so her doctor is gonna keep her on faslodex once a month so far she hasn't had to get chemo through her port i hope and pray that the faslodex is all she will have to take thank you for all your help i will still check the websites out i talk to my sister every couple days she seems to be doing ok right now but i know she has days were she is very sad she tries to hide this from me i know she is worried about dying she tries to keep me from finding out how bad her cancer is because she is afraid i will worry too much and make my crohns worse i told her yesterday to try to keep a positive attitude because no matter what disease we are affected by or how bad it is god is not gonna take us untill our job on this earth is done i have been close to death too many times to count god has always brought me back i honestly believe we all are here for a reason and we all go through different trials to test us i'm not saying god give us these diseases i think they come from our invironment but no matter what any doctors say and i'm not against doctors cause i think the world of mine but i know god is always in control because just two months ago my dad had a fever of 106.2 for several hours and know matter what medicine was pumped in him it would not break so his doctor came to me and told me my dad wasn't gonna make it that he did not know what else to do for him but god took over and brought him out of it with no damage to any organs even i thouht he wouldn't make it but god showed me once again that he chooses our destiny not us humans so whoever you may be that reads this post please don't give up hope god will always be there with you
thanks sasha
sasha is offline   Reply With Quote