HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-13-2007, 04:03 AM   #21
R.B.

Thank Flori.

I checked your Onc out on google - looks like he is a "authority"

Diet certainly is "Bedrock", I am sure about the size of the T bones though.

Thank you for the kind words - always good to know I am not perceived as barking.

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #22
Donna

still an interesting subject

Hi Alaksa Angel and R.B. and All,

My physician didn't approve of bioidenticals, but I insisted. My formulary pharmacist ended up figuring out the doses based on the "usual" normal percentages. We started out way below these and titrated up to when I felt better and had no more hot flashes - ah,,,,,, I miss those days! I had read so many references showing progesterone protected against breast cancer and that bioidentical hormones had so few studies out because there was no funding for it, of course.

I still feel what I took was not an uninformed risk, it gave me excellent quality of life for 10 years before this diagnosis, so I have no regrets. I might have this cancer with or without it, who knows.

I would still really like to be taking the estrogen for vaginal health and I would be interested in any research showing that local application like that would not compromise my arimidex.

Have a great day!

Donna

P.S. to Alaska Angel - we are starting in on our summer heat here, remember what that felt like! But Apple Hill is full of wonderful fruit now!
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #23
AlaskaAngel

Summertime...

What I remember best about summer there, Donna, is what it was like to head out to the nearest river to cool off and show off (although I also remember my dad making sure I was spending many early cool mornings tending the garden instead of just riding my bike). Now I just wish there was enough dirt here to raise more fruits and vegetables!

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote