HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-19-2004, 09:07 PM   #1
Kristen

I have an idea for raising money. I ran into this while I am trying to get my x-mas shopping done early, (i have surgery right before). Since I was diagnoed a year ago, I wanted something nice, but not to expensive to give to all the wonderful people who have supported me this past year. I went to Things Remembered to find something. Well the gifts weren't bad but the engraving was as much as the item. That put me into bankruptcy.
I liked the idea of what I purchased, $2 went to Make A Wish. They were the X-mas ornaments, that are pewtar and has 2004 on them. They have blue and white crystals, I would have preferred pink. I also bought some star boxes that have little stars in them that say dream, hope, love, etc. I wanted to engrave the poem Ruth posted for Mary by Susan Florance. That came out to the same amount as the box. I even wrote a letter to them asking for a discount which they were going to give me, but still out of my price range. We found an engraver for less money and decided against the poem. Looking for something short and heartfelt Thanks.
I was thinking I would have rather spent my money on gifts that reflected bc. And have the proceeds go to this site or another organization that deals with bc. I came here first to see if any of you had connections in doing something like this.
Since the engraving was so expensive, could we have something made that has a personal message to friends and one for family, for doctors, nurses etc. I would love to be part of this and could look into gifts, but would love input on script. I would not hesitate to buy gifts for these great supporters and have my money go towards funding of some kind dealing with BC.
Just a thought, would love some input. thanks k