HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-26-2004, 07:22 AM   #1
Ali b

I spoke to a 42yr old girl today,she's just finished tx with A/C and taxol,now going onto herceptin,she has liver met and bone mets,I told her of Barbara's success story ,she was so happy.she's not online yet and very scared.Can anyone tell me hopeful stories that I can pass to her?
I actually called her by mistake,thinking she was another michelle who'd attended our young women's group at Edinburgh,a bit embarrassing,but she was overjoyed to hear from me as I hadn't attended the meeting she'd been at,no one else was stage 4 at that meeting,but I have bone mets dx last Oct[but I'm her2neg so can't post here!]so she really felt we could connect .
BTW if anyone remembers my Big Swim,I swam 1.3 miles in open sea in Scotland and raised £2200[about $3500]to start a YWG in my local Dundee,it looks like this will get off the ground soon,I'm back in the sea this year on 26th Sept,many docs are doing it with me as I wrote of it in the Royal College of GPs magazine,they've asked me to write regularly!!
love Ali xxxxxx
Old 05-26-2004, 08:35 AM   #2
Anonymous

ALI,
Poppycock !!
"[but I'm her2neg so can't post here!]"
There are no prerequisites, anyone can post on our web site as long as they have a valid question or something worthwhile to contribute.
Your attempt to help your dear friend last year qualifies you for lifetime membership.

Lovely story and article, I've saved the article for future publication on this web site. There are several survivors of liver mets here and I am sure they will answer.

Hugs and warmest wishes,
Christine
Old 05-26-2004, 12:37 PM   #3
Lisa

Ali,

First things first. Her2 neg or pos...all survivors are welcome here. We share so much with one another and offer such support that I'm certain you would be an important part of our "family." I'm also Stage IV and don't know what I'd do without this site. As I told a woman who called me today offering a Stage IV support group, "Thanks, but I already have a terrific one."

Second, I was diag with liver and bone mets in Sept. 03. Liver mets over 25% of my liver, bone mets everywhere. Today, after months of chemo, I have 3 tiny liver mets left (they may even be gone as we "speak") and shrinking bone mets. Tell your friend there is more than hope, there is success!

Can't wait to read your story!

Love and healing light,

Lisa
Colorado, USA
Old 05-27-2004, 12:31 AM   #4
Brian

Wife had lung and liver mets. Liver mets resolved to nothing after 6months of Taxotere/Navilbene. Lung met shrunk 50% from 7cm.
Weeks later 3 new liver mets found refractory to taxotere/navilbene. Wife then went of Herceptin/Gemzar for 8 weeks. All tumors shrunk more than 50%. Wife had tumor ablation for residual tumors in liver and herceptin finished off remainder of lung tumor. She has been NED for 1 year, taking maintenance herceptin
Old 05-27-2004, 04:23 AM   #5
JaneP

I had liver, lung and bone mets at original diagnosis 2 years ago. I have skin mets now, but the scans have been clear for over a year!

Good luck to your friend.

Jane
Old 05-31-2004, 06:21 AM   #6
Joy

Hi Ali,

You may already have enough great stories, but when i was dxed I couldn't get enough. So here is one more for your friend.

I was redxed with bc in My '02-had spots on lungs, breast sites again (originally dxed 2/00 with stage 1 her2 status missed in original path report)and a 7cmx9cm tumor on my liver plus multiple mets. I was 34 at that time. Now at 36 I have "so little disease" per my doc that they are not even sure if what they see is cancer I have my 1st re-staging visit this week (any prayers appreciated ).

Any way for the second dx I did taxotere, xeloda and herceptin. I continue to do herceptin every 3 weeks with zolodex and femara. I have also always done many complementary therapies. I feel great and people say I look very healthy. I have 2 young girls and they keep me motivated.

Love and the very best wishes to everyone,
joy