HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
WolverineFan

Question Recurrence in Neck Lymph Nodes?

Hi Everyone,

I am nearly nine years out from being diagnosed, and I was early stage (stage 1 invasive, and DCIS). I feel great and have for a long time, but about a month ago I felt a lump on a lymph node in my neck. After researching, if bc does recurr in the lymph nodes, it is most often above the clavical, whereas mine is on the left side of my neck. Two weeks after I found the lump, I had a regular check up with my onc, and she didn't think it was anything to worry about, but asked that I keep her posted if it hadn't gone away in another 2 weeks. It didn't, so she scheduled an ultrasound for me, which I had the other day. It turns out that I have three enlarged lymph nodes, the one that I can feel, and two others on the right side. I am now scheduled for a biopsy on Tuesday, the 16th. I've not been sick with a sore throat or anything like that. I am nervous, but from everything I've read, it is unlikely that breast cancer will recur in the neck lymph nodes. Additionally, it is hard for me to believe that given my bc was caught very early, I had a mastectomy, chemo, Herceptin, a full hysterectomy and was on Femara for nearly 7 years that I could actually have a recurrence, but you all know how it is once you've been diagnosed with cancer. So, my question is there anyone on here that had a recurrence in the lymph nodes in the neck? How far out were you and was it actually a recurrence or a new bc?

Thank you so much for your input!

3/35/2009 - Diagnosed, age 39
5/7/09 - Mastectomy and reconstruction started. Two tumors found. Tumors were side by side. DCIS tumor was 2.8 cm, ER-, PR-, grade 2. Invasive tumor was 1.1 cm, poorly differentiated, grade 3, ER+90%, PR+95%, HER2+3. Thankfully, no node involvement.
5/29/09 - Second surgery resulting from difficulty healing from mastectomy.
6/2/09 - Began Herceptin treatments
6/23/09 - Began Taxotere and Carboplatin treatments along with Herception every 3 weeks.
10/06/09 - Completed Taxotere and Carboplatin - Yeah!!!
10/27/2009 - Herceptin maintenance and began Femara
12/10/2009 - 2nd stage reconstruction surgery
2/2010 - Body rejected saline implant
3/18/2010 - Second stage reconstruction using silicone implant
5/4/10 - Completed Herceptin - YEE-HAA!
May '10 - Body rejects silicone implant...taking a break.
11/29/10 - Hysterectomy
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote