HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-03-2004, 05:28 AM   #1
rose

I will most likely be going on gemzar and xeloda next week. Has anyone been on this? Any other good combos out there?
Old 03-03-2004, 11:11 AM   #2
Jackie

I just started gemzar alone with herceptin on Feb 12th and won't know if it's effective til the 1st CA27/29 on March 11th. I've got my fingers crossed....hope it works for you, too!
Old 03-03-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
MJ

I'm on Herceptin/Carbo/Taxol and have been stable for 8 months. (Lung mets) My next plan is a Gemzar/Taxotere combo. I've had both drugs separately in the past, but not in combo.

MJ
Old 03-03-2004, 12:02 PM   #4
kim

mom is on gemzar/navelbine since dec 31 of 03. had spots n liver, groin, under arm - last week at scan they said all were smaller xcept for liver which was stable -neither smaller nor bigger. onc has her continuing this combo once a week for 3 weeks on 1 week off
Old 03-03-2004, 03:18 PM   #5
rose

Thank you all for your responses. MJ stable for 8 months, that is so terrific!

How are you all finding Gemzar. Any bad side effects? Do you take it with premeds? Any nausea?
Old 03-04-2004, 05:02 AM   #6
Brian

My wife was on Herceptin and Gemzar. She had a terrific response. All tumors (lung and liver) essentially dissolved. Gemzar caused slow or no hair growth, weaked nails and reduced neutrophil counts.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:04 PM   #7
Jackie

Gemzar is lowering my WBC so I'm on a 3 wk on 1 wk off schedule. I got a new premed today that my clinic is switching over to that's supposed to last longer than Anzemet, and it's call Axio (that's not correct but maybe close!). I had discontinued decodron with no ill effects. This is my 3rd wk of Gemzar...1st 2 wks my stomach felt a little funny but not really nauseated, and this wk I didn't really notice anything. Hope it's working! Navelbine zapped the spinal & rib area mets, but I developed uptake in the sternum area and thus switched drugs.