HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-01-2004, 08:16 AM   #1
patty z

What kind of information do you need now, if you have been on Navelbine before?

I did a short two months of Herceptin/Navelbine, one infusion of Zometa and tumor marker went from 220 to normal and scans showed NED. I had mets confirmed by biopsy to aortic window node, spot on lung and spot on pelvis. 15 months NED and counting, in body.

pattyz
Old 03-01-2004, 10:01 AM   #2
Carol

Just wondering what side effects, if any, you might have had on Navelbine. Did you experience the low blood counts? anything else?
Old 03-01-2004, 11:09 PM   #3
patty z

I still don't understand. What side effects did you have before? They would most likely be the same for YOU. Everyone is just a bit different in reactions they have.

Yes my counts were low, but recovered by the next infusion without any supplemental shots. I did get an UTI that did not respond to the first anti-biotic and ended up going to ER for kidney infection.

I also had a reduced dose of Navelbine for my last infusion. This helps with counts and side effects.

So, what were your side effects before?

pattyz
Old 03-04-2004, 10:20 AM   #4
Carol

To the best of my memory, low blood counts were my main side effect, and Procrit did not help. My hair had already thinned from Taxotere so not sure if Navelbine contributed to this or not. I also started getting cataracts but not sure which chemo started that.(Doctor said the cataracts were the result of the chemo.) I remember the taste buds were a problem too. Had the PET today and get results tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:56 AM   #5
Kathy from Ohio

Carol,
I'll be anxious to know the results of your PET scan. Keep in touch.
Kathy Thompson