HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
ritz

Scared for my wife and her mom

My wife "ritz" whom I am going to tell about this site as soon as I get home from work mom has IBC...she has been fighting for about three years and today found out it has showed up in her spine. Is this a typical progression and what if any candid advise is out there?
ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
Margerie

Hi Mr. Ritz,

I don't know a whole lot about IBC, but do know it is aggressive and the bones are a common site for metasteses. You may want to check the inflammatory breast cancer board on this site, look at top section of home page. Also breastcancer.org has a discussion board dedicated to IBC'ers. Good luck to you and your family and sorry to hear about your MIL's news.

Dx 10/05 IDC, multi-focal, triple +, 5 nodes+
MRM, 4 DD A/C, 12 weekly taxol + herceptin
rads concurrent with taxol/herceptin
finished herceptin 01/08
ooph, Arimidex, bilateral DIEP reconstruction
NED
Univ. of WA, Seattle vaccine trial '07
Margerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
Marie G

Good Afternoon

I just read your post and you have come to the right place for inspiration, knowledge, compassion and love. My husband has HER2+/inflammatory BC(yes, MEN DO GET BREAST CANCER TOO!!!!). When the cancer is stage I,II, or III it is different than stage IV. Stage IV means that the cancer has spread throughout the body and is no longer localized. Stage IV is completely different than all the other stages, even though breast cancer is breast cancer and it is a horrific disease. There are "many" survivors that are stage IV and your main concern here is to feed her soul and keep the faith=BELIEVE!! Please feel free to contact me to talk or any of these gracious friends I have grown to love here. I am a leader involved with a Caregiver Support Group and am so proud you have searched to find resources for your wife(do not say that it is what you have to do, because many people are so afraid of the word cancer that they cannot be supportive no matter how much they love the person).I am proud of you for being the loving supportive husband your wife needs to beat this. I will always be here so if you need to talk, do not hesitate to call upon me. There are different treatment options for her, but I need to hear more of your wife's story to really be able to help better. Please tell more of your wife's story so WE can all help you both past this very stressful time in your lives.>>Waiting For A Miracle>> Marie G.....lots of love YOU WILL HELP YOUR WIFE BEAR THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD ON HER SHOULDERS
Marie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #4
Marie G

oops

Oh, I forgot to tell you, you can post in both areas, but if you go to the main forum, you will get more replies. Please post in both areas. We will talk soon. And remember, this website will become home to both your wife and yourself!!..>>>God Bless>>Marie G
Marie G is offline   Reply With Quote