HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-15-2004, 12:36 AM   #1
lynngirl

I read that milk thistle is a liver cleanser and can benefit those who have breast cancer. I am thinking since my mother has liver mets of having her ask her oncologist about it.

Does anyone currently use milk thistle? If so, what dosages do you take?

Update: My mom took her CAT scan and everything is good, the liver tumors are very tiny. She just finished a clinical trial (a new drug for boosting your hem. count) and is finishing up on taxotere (sp?. Her oncologist may give her a break from all the chemo for a few months. Thank G-d she feels good!
Old 01-15-2004, 05:45 AM   #2
Linda in MI.

Yes, I have been taking milk thistle for three years. I do not have liver mets. I'm doing it as a preventative to hopefully keep me from getting liver mets. It's very important to keep your liver strong. It's an excellent supplement.

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:15 AM   #3
Lyn

Hi there, I took milk thistle for over 3 years but it was included with another herb, and for the life of me with my chemo brain I can't remember what, but it came to a time when I had to scale down with all the pills and because my liver, I hate to say this, but every time I boast about something in comes back and bites me on the bum, it is healthy with a bit of fat from all the harsh drugs. I read that the most important organ is the liver so I was protecting it, but now I have said all that I am going out to get some more today.

luv & higs Lyn