HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2004, 04:25 PM   #1
carol

There is no way to know that some of the things that people may have done may have made it easier for them to get cancer. Some cases are very obvious like people exposed to asbestos. I ate organic food and lived a fairly healthy life style. Everyone was in shock when I was diagnosed. You wife may have done everything "right" and still have gotten cancer like I did. It's better to let go of what may have caused the cancer, because you may never know. Not that I will give up eating organic food etc. You can drive yourself crazy with should haves could haves. It's better to focus on the here and now and support your wife in a nonjudgemental way. I count my blessings for my husband's loving support. Carol
Old 01-17-2004, 12:29 AM   #2
Sandra

Carol I don't know if you read my post or not but my husband didn't say I caused my cancer. I did. I weighed 278 pounds and never took care of myself because I thought I was fine. Cancer was my wake up call and I answered it by NOW taking care of this body God gave me. I have lost 30 pounds , not from treatments but from changing my diet and exercising and taking vitamines so I will have the strength to walk to the mailbox.I couldn't do that before cancer.
I know I didn't cause my cancer but I didn't do anything to stay healthy.

Charlie supports me in everyway and is just looking for ways to help me.