HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-14-2004, 03:12 AM   #1
patty z

I went to Mexico for my dx, surgery and all treatments.

I have tried supplemental and alternative therapies. I have monitored others use of same. I have been at this for FOUR YEARS.

What has worked is the SOP treatments in spite of a lifelong distrust of the medical profession AND drug companies.

I have refused Whole Brain Treatment for my brain mets for 16 months, insisting on Stereotactic Radiosurgery instead, in the face of scorn by my radiation oncologist. I am lucky to have a very supportive medical oncologist.

With chemo and Herceptin my body was put into a NED state 14 months ago and holding.

What Lyn said was, as I heard her: "We will get cancer or we won't no matter what we do. The cancer will kill us or it won't no matter what we do." period.

I still say shame on you for the blame you insist on putting on your wife and the rest of us.

pattyz
Old 01-14-2004, 03:37 AM   #2
Charlie, Sandra\'s husband.

AGAIN, I never said anyone was at fault because they have gotten cancer. Even though many smokers get lung cancer, many do not and live to an ripe old age. We need to look for the best cure, and not get caught up in blame games.

What is wrong with you? When people admit some of the things they have done MAY have made it easier for them to get cancer, they are simply being HONEST.

I have done many things in life that could cause me problems with cancer at some point in time, and I still do things that are not helpful in this regard.

You have taken my remarks totally out of context, and you ought to be ashamed of the way you judge me, based upon your misconceptions concering what I tried to say here. I am not here to argue or debate anyone, I was just trying to help support my wife and others who are dealing with a terrible sickness...
Old 01-14-2004, 03:39 AM   #3
patty z

I read you loud and clear. And stand on my last comments. It is you who don't get it.

pattyz