HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
weezie1053

Smile Hello Again and Thank You

After almost 2 years of being treated by my Oncologist, he is moving on to another hospital. He is a Fellow, and he is completing his Fellowship. I had a mammo in Feb, and I am scheduled for a MRI in Aug. Our visit will actually be more of a social visit as it is time for both of us to move on. I am really nervous as he has been everything I could have hoped for in a physician. He gave me his email address, and he made him accessible to every question or concern I ever had. I am really apprehensive about seeing a new Oncologist. For 2 years I have travelled 1 hr 45 minutes because it felt like I was in the right place. I am so nervous about this change because he was always there. Don't know why I am writing about this...I guess because I can write anything here. I have been off the boards for a while. Since my recovery, I have thrown myself back into my job and raising my grandson. I am also happy to report my daughter successfully completed rehab in Sept, lived in a recovery home
for 6 months, and she continues to work her recovery. I will continue to raise my grandson because she needs to concentrate on her recovery which will be ongoing.

I have no more lingering affects of Neuropathy. My Onc once told me I was the textbook for side affects. I am on weight watchers, and I am slowly losing the added "steroid weight." I have a full head of hair with highlights. Nails are improving thanks to all of the good advice, including tea tree oil. (Need to update my photo...ugh!) My energy is increasing, and I can once again enjoy working in the yard.Hard to believe so much has happened. I am actually in a better place having "survived through it all."

I am working with our local health care provider and a national restaurant for the third annual "Postively Pink Parade" which will be held at the mall I manage in late September. Survivors will march one lap around the perimeter of the road, led by a local high school marching band, dressed in the wildest pink outfits imaginably possible. The proceeds from the sale of "pink" bagels from 4 of their restaurants during the month of October will go to the "Every Woman's Life" program which provides breast cancer screening for women who cannot afford the tests. The mall will challenge the merchants to decorate and "think pink." It is time for me to pay it back to increase BC awareness. I feel blessed to be on this committee and to make a difference.

To the newbies, hang in there. Fight the fight. This website is the most helpful antedote I ever found for my recovery.

Just wanted to say hello and let you all know that I think of you gals often even though I may not be as active as I once was. The Journey was doable knowing there were others who had walked in my shoes and were willing to help me get through the darkest days. God bless you all and I'll try and not tp be a stranger to this site.

Louise

Louise
  • Taxol/Herceptin combo- 12 weekly treatments;
  • Completed chemo - 2/07; completed restruction 02/07; reduction of left breast.
  • BRCA 1 and 2 negative - 6/15/07;DX high risk for distant recurrence
  • MRI, 08/02/07 - NED
  • 1 year Anniversary - 09/07; completed Herceptin 11/07.
  • Mammo 02/14/08 - NED; MRI - 08/2008 - NED
  • 2 year Anniversary - 09/08
  • Mammo 02/09 - NED; MRI - 08/09 - NED
  • 3rd year Anniversary - 09/09
  • 5th Annivery - 09/2011 - NED
weezie1053 is offline   Reply With Quote