HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-09-2007, 06:00 AM   #1
Rita123

Question Brain Metastis - WHole Brain RT

Hi
Pl find below the details regarding my dad , he's 68 and has developed brain metastatis ,
Earlier he had 3 lessions , and the treatment was give as mentioned below.
Now that he has developed 3 more lessions and the docs are suggestiong that we should undergo whole brain Rt , eliminating the earlier lessions that were treated with GAMMA Knife as well as 3D CRT .

Pl suggest what should we do , as well whether it is safe , and what could be the complications ...

Treatment given at Vimhans Institute New Delhi - Gamma Knife
DOA :1/11/2006
>

> DOO : 02/11/2006

>

> DOD :03/11/2006

>

>

>

>

>

> MRI ON DATE OF TREATEMENT OF gama Knife revealed 3 enhancing tumors in

> Right Frontal, Right Insular and left Occipital with tumor volume

>

> 541.4mm, 2.3cm, & 205.7 MM respectively

>

>

>

> Treatment given for GAMA Knife

>

>

>

> Volume of the Rt frontal tumor was 541.4 cub mm and of rt insular

> tumor was 2.3 cc. 26 Gy was prescribed to the tumor periphery.

>

> Both tumors were treated with generous margins and 100% of both tumors

> received 25Gy.

>

> Maximum dose received by frontal tumor was 29.3 Gy, mean dose was 28.7

> Gy and minimum dose was 25.8 Gy.

>

> Integral dose was 15.5 mJoules .

>

> Maximum dose received by insular tumor was 41.7 Gy , mean dose was

> 40.2 Gy and minimum dose was 25.8 Gy.

>

> Integral dose was 91.7mJoules.

>

> 3.3 cc of the surrounding tissues received more than 25.Gy.

>

> We delivered 2 shots using one 18mm Collimator and one 14mm

> Collimator. Maximum dose before normalization was 102.178 %. 60%

> isodose was treated

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Treatment given at Rajive Gandhi cancer institute .

>

> He received external beam radiotherapy to a dose of 42.99Gy/15frs

> @2.8Gy/fr by 3DCRT technique to the occipital lesion in the brain from

> 15.10.2006 to 1.1.2007

>

Rita123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Herceptin Poster Child

I've been on Herceptin since Nov '98 (when my 4th stage infiltrating lobular carcinoma + 2 nodes became multiple mets into the liver and Herceptin became available to HER2+ met bc patients at the end of Sept '98). I took it wkly until '01 when I began the triple dosage ev 3 wk plan. A PARTY!

I have major fatigue, my EF (according to ev 6 mnth ECHO cardiograms) remains good, even w/the small peri-cardial effusion that came w/Taxotere. It is believed too small to be considered malig and prob won't go away. I am joyful and grateful with each day. I was a post menopausal 50 yr old woman when initially dx in July '95. I have lived to greet 5 grandchildren and worship at their feet. I plan on attending their weddings. (They are now 10, 7, 3, 2 and 1 -- from 2 wonderful daughters.) I have felt lucky from the outset! It could have been worse, I figured. Christopher Reeve's accident was the May before my first dx. I could walk and feed and bathe myself, go to the bathroom myself. I was lucky. I feel blessed.

Some mentioned SOMEWHERE on these pages, before the hijacking I think, about troubles w/Herceptin. I can't refind those posts, so I've stuck this in here, hoping it will be seen. FROM THE OUTSET ('98), MY ONCS GAVE ME HERCEPTIN IN 500 ccs SALINE. About 6 mnths ago a new pharmacist put in the "usual" -- 250 cc saline. I got up and felt light-headed, shaky, spacey. Next time I insisted they return to the old way, "my" old way. It took some persuasion but they reasoned that I had done it that way for all those yrs so it would be okay. I believe it makes a world of difference! Wanted to share this important aside with you all.

When I first went on triple dosage, they put me on a quadruple loading dose over 2 hrs. Then they decreased the infusion time to 1 1/2 hrs., then 1, then back to 1/2 hr. That's where I was on wkly; that's where I've been since '01. Not a problem. Especially w/500 cc's saline.

MAY HERCEPTIN BE "YOUR" MAGIC BULLET TOO. MAY YOU BECOME A MEMBER OF WHAT I'M TOLD IS THE 1% CLUB. STAY STRONG, POSITIVE, DETERMINED, PROACTIVE AND INVOLVED! "KNOW" THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DETERMINE YOUR OUTCOME, TO HEAL YOUR BODY, TO CALL YOUR DESIRED DESTINY TO YOU! LIVE WITH JOY AND SERENITY (AND AWE AND GRATITUDE) FOR ALL YOU HAVE. And if Herceptin doesn't do the job of getting you STABLE and NED, then may Tykerb be your magic key to success. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO BECOME A WALKING MIRACLE! COME JOIN MY 1% CLUB. I AM PERSONALLY INVITED EVERY ONE OF YOU. Let's show everyone what passionate faith, determination and certain expection can do! Let us be a role model for those who will come after us. Sending loving, healing energy to all my soul sisters... ANDI
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
lilyecuadorian

Lightbulb Brain Met

12 days ago I stard w/headaches ..I did call doc and he said take tylenol ..I didnt becasue i know it wasnt that tipe of headeach so he said if after monday dont desapair we doing other thing ....so call again they send me mri asap and 10 minutes later the same day i have a lession 1.6 mm in the cerebelo I suggest for waht I being reading is this wonderfull site about gamma knife ....and doc told me that there is a new equitment leadering technology call novelus or something like that more acurate and precise ....and i enroll to a protocolo or trial that do this way 1_ radiosyrugy (with novelus) and 2 hours after they will do the open operation on my brain so they are belivie have so far great results ....and a least no local recur .....plus they said they going to check or look me closer after tuesday ......so i will need much prayers so my doc hand being guide by God ......and I hope you papa is in GOd hand also like I 'm
regarts
lily
her2+++ and ER+PR+ from32 nodes 4 positives
mastectomy right breast chemo before surgery herceptin/carboplatin/taxotere ,clear and surgery have radiation 20, `& then herceptin and tamoxifen
NED until Aug/07 body only then 'n June 04-06-07 .1 lesion of 1.6 cm on cerebellum ...novalis ,open sugery
5m.m brain met again novalis, 4mm.In the liver. Waiting 2 months now 3 tumors enroll on T-MCC trial start first infusion Nov 5/07 at Dec 17 scan show one tumor despair the 2nd and 3th diminish Doc said great results until March/08 ct scan show progression
03-05-08 start tykerb & xeloda
lilyecuadorian is offline   Reply With Quote